Women with Shared Fates

Chen Yu ate dinner outside the manor that night.

That letter invited her to a private room on the second floor of a restaurant called Ming Yue Building in the capital. The letter did not, however, mention who the sender was.

Yi Yue only told Chen Yu that it was given to her by one of the servants that guarded the door. The person who had delivered it was a child. After the letter was delivered to the hands of someone in the Feng manor, the child immediately ran away.

Yi Yue did not approve of Chen Yu going out at this time. The day was late after all. Moreover, it was unknown what sort of person they would be meeting. What if there was some sort of trap, then wouldn't they be courting trouble.

But Chen Yu was adamant on going out. For some reason, she was certain that this letter came from an ally; furthermore, this ally would bring about some changes in her life.

There was nothing Yi Yue could do. She had no choice but to accompany Chen Yu. With master and servant in the carriage, they rushed towards Ming Yue Building. When they arrived at the second floor, there was already a waiter standing there waiting. Upon seeing them arrive, he quickly went over and asked: "Would you be the young miss with the surname Feng?"

Feng Chen Yu used a gauze to cover her face before leaving the manor. Hearing this waiter ask, she nodded then followed the waiter into a private room.

When she arrived, there was already someone inside drinking tea. It was a thin girl that wore plain clothes and a bamboo hat.

She ordered Yi Yue to stand guard outside and went in alone. Upon entering, she heard the girl in the bamboo hat say: "Eldest young miss Feng really has some courage to make this appointment."

Hearing these words, Chen Yu immediately recognized who was before her. She saluted the other person and said: "So it was imperial daughter Qing Le."

The other person put down their cup slightly nodded, saying to Chen Yu: "Sit."

Only then did Chen Yu sit across from her and remove the gauze covering face. She then said to Qing Le: "It is just the two of us in this private room, why bother keeping on the bamboo hat."

Qing Le was slightly startled and tightly balled up her fists. She then spoke through gritted teeth, "I can not take it off. I fear that I will never be able to take it off again, in this lifetime."

Chen Yu was stunned then recalled the matter of Ding An palace being burned, "Was your face burned?" Immediately after asking this, she felt that something was not right. Qing Le was wearing a bamboo hat, but the silk covering her face was incredibly thin. Sitting across from her, she could clearly see that there were no changes to Qing Le's appearance. "What exactly happened?" Chen Yu realized that something was not quite right and quickly followed up with another question.

Qing Le gritted her teeth and viciously said: "Thanks your your second sister, my hair has been completely burned away!" As she said this, she suddenly removed the bamboo hat from her head.

Chen Yu was completely stunned. It seemed that under Qing Le's bamboo hat, her head was completely bald. Her head that was once covered in glossy hair was now left without a single strand. On her scalp were scars, with some having a hard shell and some having bloodstains. It was truly much too disgusting.

Chen Yu was nauseous for a while and could hardly repress it.

Qing Le, however, was self-deprecating and said: "Just get used to looking at it, and it will get better. When I first saw what happened to my head, I nearly chopped it off myself. Did you know? My hair will never grow again. My royal father brought in many doctors, but they all said that it will never grow again."