Defeat as a Human, is Victory Possible as a Ghost?

The reason Feng Yu Heng had come to Jin Yu courtyard was to watch the Chen family deliver the medicine at night. How could she allow for people to enter through the window without taking note of it.

She could be seen spinning around rapidly. She circled around the five remaining people then let slip the needles between her fingers. A few silver needles left her hand and another two people in black dropped to the ground.

These assassins were confused and could not figure out what sort of hidden weapon Feng Yu Heng was throwing. Not being able to see what it was, they fell upon coming into contact with them.

For a while, nobody dared to get near her.

Yet at this time, Ban Zou could no longer bear to continue watching from the shadows. Like a ghost, he floated over. A pair of needles came forth, and the remaining three had their lives reaped in an instant.

Feng Yu Heng patted Ban Zou's shoulder, "Let's go take a look inside the room. When fighting, take care and steal back the medicine for me. I can sell it again tomorrow for 2500 taels."

Ban Zou's lips curled into a smile. That day, his master had cheated Chen Wan Liang out of roughly 2000 taels! Those medical pills were indeed expensive, but he knew what price they usually sold for at Hundred Herb Hall. It sold for merely two taels per pill. Now in her hands, she increased the price hundreds of times. After they bought it, she would not even let them deliver it to the patient. She would actually steal it back then sell it again to them...1

While criticizing her mentally, the two entered Chen shi's bedroom. Chen shi's heart had been injured severely by Feng Jin Yuan's hidden guard. She was like a fat ghost lying in bed on the verge of death. Feng Yu Heng looked at her and determined that she had at most two or three more days remaining. With such serious injuries, how could a few medical pills save her completely. Thinking about it, the Chen family had about run out of options too. The illness was serious and they were throwing money around wildly.

The people inside the room never thought that six assassins could not take care of the people outside. Furthermore, they had tracked his whereabouts. He could not help but begin to panic. Trying to get close to Chen shi a few times, he found that could not. One time, he had reached the side of the bed and had the pill in hand. Just as he was about to place it in Chen shi's mouth, Ban Zou stopped him and pulled his arm back.

Ban Zou did not strike at him. After pulling him back, he let go and waited for the person to go again. This cycle repeated itself ten times.

Chen shi had already begun to despair on her bed. In the beginning, she still had hope and opened her mouth in anticipation. The latter few attempts, she had completely given up hope. After the final time Ban Zou stopped him, Chen shi struggled to hoarsely say: "Don't worry about me. Quickly leave!"

That person had his face covered and only left a pair of eyes uncovered. Hearing these words, the area around his eyes became red. He wanted to turn around and fight with all his might against Ban Zou and Feng Yu Heng, but he knew that he could not defeat the two alone.

Helpless, he glanced at Chen shi, who lay on the bed. Gritting his teeth, he ran away through the window.

Feng Yu Heng did not care about Chen shi and remembered to ask Ban Zou: "Did you retrieve all of the medical pills?"

Ban Zou handed a small porcelain bottle to Feng Yu Heng: "It's this, right. That person is still holding one in his hand. It must be very gross, so it probably is not desirable."

Feng Yu Heng nodded, "Then I will note that as a loss of 500 taels."

Ban Zou suddenly left.

Only then did she turn her attention towards Chen shi. She saw the person on the bed had been beaten to an unsightly appearance. She did not know how Feng Jin Yuan hit her, but it seemed that he had made her thinner through beating her. Even her cheekbones had been collapsed. Her eye sockets had caved in and looked like someone from the 21st century who had surgery to look like a European.