Let's Go! We are Going to Ask for Money!

The sudden sound of a voice nearly scared the soul out of Han shi. Feng Fen Dai's face also blanched from the shock.

The two turned their heads and saw a first-rate maidservant from Tong Shen pavilion, Qing Yu, standing in the doorway.

"It seems this servant arrived at a bad time. Concubine mother Han and fourth young miss were busy with a conversation. This servant will wait in the yard." Qing Yu had a cold expression, as she moved to leave the room.

"Wait a moment!" Han shi quickly called for her to stop, "It's Qing Yu girl! Oh my, what are you saying. You coming here must mean that you have something to say. How could I allow you to wait." Pausing for a moment, she continued: "Fourth young miss has injured her arm, so her temper is very bad. I hope Qing Yu girl will not take what she said to heart!"

Qing Yu forced out a smile, "Second young miss wanted this servant to invite concubine mother Han to Tong Shen pavilion. She also wanted me to invite concubine mother An."

"Oh!" Han shi was surprised, "Did second young miss say what this was about?"

Qing Yu glanced at Feng Fen Dai then said: "The second young miss had once made an agreement before the matriarch and master. After the three shops belonging to concubine mother Yao have been properly audited, if there were any discrepancies, the amount would be split between the matriarch and master, along with the third young miss and fourth young miss. Recently, the auditing has been completed, so young miss has invited the two concubine mothers over."

Hearing that there was money to be split, Feng Fen Dai became lively and quickly hurried Han shi: "You should go quickly. Quickly."

Han shi turned her head and glared at her for a moment then responded to Qing Yu: "Girl, you go first. I will follow along shortly."

Qing Yu nodded, "Then this servant will depart first." After speaking, she turned and left.

After Han shi saw Qing Yu move further away, she moved back to Feng Fen Dai's side. Furious, she stomped the entire way: "Does your mouth not have a filter! That Qing Yu is Feng Yu Heng's first-rate maidservant. Did you not see how she already has already begun putting on airs after only being here a few days. If the words you just said were told to Feng Yu Heng, then you will be feeling it."

"Hmph." Fen Dai also knew that it would be bad if those words made it out. She lightly snorted and stopped talking. But after thinking a little, she could no longer hold back and advised Han shi: "Later, if Feng Yu Heng is splitting money, you need to remember to request some more. Concubine mother An has a shop of her own, so Xiang Rong will not need to worry about a dowry. I, however, will not have anything!" As she spoke, she also glared at Han shi, "You don't have a shred of ability."

Han shi had been scolded by her daughter, with her shortcomings being listed out, and felt depressed. It was indeed the case that she had no ability. She did not have the ability to afford a dowry for Fen Dai.

"The people of Feng family all lie in their nests." Fen Dai held the arms that periodically hurt and mumbled, "Upon meeting a person of power, they shrivel up."

It was this lack of thought that made Han shi angry: "He is a prince! What sort of temper do you want to see from the Feng family?"

Upon mentioning the ninth prince, Fen Dai found a second wind "For what reason is she the one getting married? We are all daughters of concubines, so why was she the one that had this marriage arranged? I remember that this marriage was arranged for the daughter of the first wife."

"So what if that is the case?" Han shi was in a hurry to leave, but she had to comfort Fen Dai: "Even if he chose not to marry Feng Yu Heng, the duty would not fall to you. If they wanted the daughter of the first wife, they would want Feng Chen Yu!"