Chen shi Returns to the Manor

All of the servants were chased from the kitchen by Feng Yu Heng, and none of them knew what the second young miss was thinking. They all stood around in the yard in a daze.

Feng Yu Heng then said to Wang Chuan: "Have you remembered everything I just said?"

Wang Chuan nodded: "I have remembered it. Huang Quan should have already arrived at Hundred Herb Hall. It will depend on how quickly they can dispense medicine. She should be able to return very soon."

"Good." Feng Yu Heng continued: "Then you can go look for the people. Just do it as I said. You have also seen just how big this kitchen is. You should have an understanding of how many people to bring."

Wang Chuan looked around the kitchen one more time then left.

Feng Yu Heng finally went out into the yard and looked around at the group of servants, coldly saying: "The family feast for tomorrow, I have already made arrangements. You guys... take a vacation."

She had said that she had already made arrangements, and she really did make arrangements. After dismissing the servants, Huang Quan returned from Hundred Herb Hall with one of its clerks in tow. They placed many bags of medical herbs on the tables. Not longer later, someone came to deliver vegetables. Then a butcher came to discuss what Feng Yu Heng needed and said: "Do not worry, young miss. To preserve the freshness of fish, this one will bring it over first thing tomorrow morning."

Feng Yu Heng was very satisfied with this sort of arrangement. She then discussed with the person that Wang Chuan had brought back for a couple hours. Only after she had personally set the menu did she return to Tong Sheng pavilion to rest. As for the kitchen, that was left to Wang Chuan and Huang Quan to supervise.

In the evening, she went to visit the kitchen once more. She found that things were advancing at an unsteady rate. Huang Quan and Wang Chuan had decided to take turns to keep watch overnight to ensure the safety of the food.

That night, Xuan Tian Ming arrived as scheduled. He discovered that the garden had become fragrant, while the leaves fell in autumnal colors.

Finally, Chen shi returned to the manor.

The members of the Feng family all got up early and dressed well. As the day approached noon, servants went to tell the concubine mothers and young misses of each courtyard to quickly gather at the main gate to form a reception. The head madam's carriage had already arrived in the capital.

Because the reason Chen shi had left the manor was to pray for the Feng family's fortune, her return to the Feng manor was an honorable matter. Even the matriarch wore a set of new clothes. She had even put some osmanthus-scented hair oil, appearing very bright and shiny.

Feng Jin Yuan had just returned from the court and simply waited with the others in his official's garb.

Not long after, a carriage was seen slowly approaching and stopped before the Feng manor's gates. On the top left corner of the carriage was a wooden sign that had the single word Feng written on it.

Yao shi, An shi, Han shi and Jin Zhen were the first to step forward. As concubines, they had to kneel to welcome Chen shi.

When the carriage's curtain was pulled back, the four knelt on the ground and said in unison: "This concubine welcomes head madam back to the manor."

The one to get out first was the servant who had been left behind to take care of Chen shi, Man Xi. Feng Yu Heng looked at Man Xi a little more carefully. The exposed areas showed no signs of injury. Thinking about it, Chen shi was pretty controlled in her beating of servants. She specifically chose to hit areas that could not be seen. It was both painful and hard to discover.