Messages

****Lacey's POV****

A week had passed since the festival and I've just spent that time throwing myself back into my normal life. I've also spent a lot of time working and then being with my family just to get away from it all. I heard though about Yaz and James' fight with Dan and Amber and then what Yaz did at the club. Apparently she was vile to Chloe and Courtney and then she was riling James up to fight.

I was going to the pub with Pete and Lockie as I heard Shelby and him split. I was wearing my jeans and a large grey overcoat.

"Two beers for us and one prosecco for you." James said and gave us our drinks.

"Thank you."

"Never too early for a prosecco for you is it?"

"Never. I'd live by it if I could."

"Guys I can't walk at the minute." Pete said. "I've pulled my groin doing them marathons."

"Marathons? Tell me you haven't been doing anything naughty." James joked.

"I haven't I've been a good boy."

"What's been going on with you and Shelby then?" I asked. "Are you together?

"I have no idea. I haven't spoken to her since the festival."

"Pete do you still love her?"

"Yeah. I do and I miss her but she should be perfect for me but for some reason it's not. We've only been together two months and I think she's been dragging things out from the past."

"Thing is Pete you've got to make that decision for whether you're ready for this relationship. If you want to then make it work but if not then you've got to cut the ties I think." I told him. "I've never been a fan of Shelby but I wouldn't want her to feel like you've been stringing her on when I know you haven't."

"Yeah. It's not fair on either of you to be in limbo like this."

We finished our drink and Pete for us all another before we carried on.

"You haven't been a good boy have you?" Pete asked James.

"No. You two are kind of my last mates. I've got caught up in the girls drama bum not proud of it."

"The whole reason you and Dan have fallen out of because of the girls."

"As much as I want to protect Yaz it doesn't look good on me when she's done all that mid week."

"I spoke to Yaz and I know she isn't proud of it." I told him. "But She is very protective of everyone and I think she will defend herself to the end."

"James you're my pal and these past few months you have been different. You're so stressed all the time and I think as a couple you do take your anger out on each other and then the rest of us."

"Yeah and I just can't put the anger in a place. I don't know where it's coming from and I know we're going through a hard time. I feel so down and I don't feel right."

"Go on then Lace finish us all off." Pete said. "How are you doing?"

"I'm alright. I've just got to get over it. I've been humiliated but I'll come back fighting."

"Babe I don't think you should take them two to heart." James said. "Amber is never going to be your mate I think that's clear and Dan is your ex now. I think you should all just stay clear."

"But then I have the problem that I'm good friends with Chloe Meadows and Chloe Lewis and I do feel like I'm being alienated by Courtney and Amber. I literally can't do anything right by those two."