Gatsby

****Lacey's POV****

A couple of nights later I was having a night out with James and Chloe. I haven't spoken to Pete since the other night and I'm still staying at my mum's.

I was wearing a black top and a grey tight skirt. I'd also got my hair done and I had Lauren do my make up.

"I'm surprised you girls would come out with me seen as how I'm public enemy number 1." James said.

"I know you James and you seem to be in this toxic relationship. I know you two love each other and when you're great you're great but now you seem to be all over the place."

"We know you'd never act on that anger though."

"Yeah." He said. "So have you heard that Pete and Dan have gone out tonight."

"Is he taking Shelby." I asked.

"I heard he didn't want to but she was there with Clelia." Chloe said. "He does really want to get with you from what he's said to me. I know he's done wrong though and you'll need to forgive him."

"It's hard because I want to as I really do love him and want to be back with him but I feel like I'm making a mug out of myself. I've just said he needs to do the dirty work."

"Make him do it girl."

"Anyway I'm glad we could still be friends, especially us James. I know you're still Pete's friend and some people would have taken his side."

"At the end of the days you're a good friend of mine and I need to make sure you're also alright because he's the one who's done wrong."

"I hope nothing happens with them tonight though."

"I don't think it will."

****

I woke up the next morning in my own bed and I could hear some noises coming from downstairs. I decided to go and check them out and found Pete downstairs with Lauren and Mum.

"What are you doing here?" I said and moved to the fridge to grab some breakfast.

"I thought I'd come and take you out this morning as step 1 of getting back with you. So go and get dressed and I'll get everything ready." He said.

"Alright then."

I went back upstairs and got changed into my white jeans, a tight top and then a green jacket to go over the top. The weather was surprisingly nice today.

"Where are we going then?" I asked once we were in the car with him driving.

"I thought we'd go and pick up little Freddie and James and then we'll go and have a day at this race course."

"That sounds amazing."

We picked up the boys up, who were related to Pete and were both 8.

"Hi boys." I said and gave them both a high five once we got out of the car. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah." They both screamed. "Will you be my partner?"

"I'll be both of your partners. You can take turns."

We got ready and I got into the race car with Freddie driving. James had been paired with Pete for the first race.

"Are we going to beat them?"

"Yesss"

We had a couple of races and then the boys had a milkshake so we could have a chat together.

"I know it's not the most conventional first date but I thought this was the best thing for us both. Please say you enjoyed this?"

"I loved it thank you so much. I'm so glad you knew this was something I would enjoy. I love them boys."