Back To The Beginning

****Lacey's POV****

We got back from Sardinia and things haven't really got any better with Dan. He's been with the boys a lot and he seems really cold and short when I message him. But I've been busy trying to keep my mind of it all and throwing myself into work.

I was out for my morning walk with Lola. I had on a grey knit jumper with my leather leggings.

I was halfway round when someone seemed to whistle at me and I turned round to find Pete and Lockie there.

"Hi." I said and gave them both a hug. "What are you two doing?"

"Just been working out and having a chat. How have you been since Sardinia?"

"Not Good to be honest. I've been working a lot and Dan and I are just back to the beginning."

"Are things really not good between you both?"

"No and I don't know what to do."

"I think sometimes you've just got to look at the whole relationship from afar and realise, are you happy?" Pete said. "Because if Not is it really worth it."

"I do really love him though."

"But does he love you and that's just how you've got to view it."

"Yeah I guess."

We moved on to Shelby and Yaz.

"Lace What are you doing about the whole Shelby thing?" James asked.

"To be honest I'm not going to do anything. I don't want to be caught up in your drama. I'm just distancing myself from her."

"Probably for the best."

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket then.

Dan: Please could we meet later. I think we need to have a chat. Xx

"I wonder what that's about?"

"Who knows with that guy."

****Third Person****

Across town Sam, Georgia, Tommy and Liam were having a drink together.

"It feels so good to be back and now Tommy and I can start moving forward." Georgia said. "I think we're going to start looking for a house together."

"You're going to start looking?"

"Yeah."

"Well it's funny you say that. I've decided to start a business buying and selling houses in LA." Gatsby said.

"I don't think I would trust you with my house."

"Why not? I'd be brilliant." Liam said which made everyone laugh.

"So what's going on with Sam?" Tommy asked.

"Not much. Just having a good time. I've actually been really getting to know Lacey after the other night. We've been messaging each other."

"Is she still with Dan?"

"Yeah But from what she's been telling me I think there are some big cracks in their relationship."

"Sam don't tell me you're getting involved because you've caught feelings." Georgia questioned.

"No. I just think she's really nice and we could be friends. I can't deny she's stunning but I wouldn't do that to Dan."

"Good." Tommy said. "She is really nice though. She's like a little sister to me and I don't think that relationship is good for her.

****Lacey's POV****

That evening I was meeting Dan for a little chat at one of the quiet bars in town and then I was going to join up with the rest of the crew in the Sugar Hut.

I arrived for the meal and found Dan was already there at the table. I was wearing a black lace jumpsuit.

"Hi love." I said and he gave me a kiss before I sat down. "Are you alright?"

"I guess." He said sarcastically.

"Why did you just say it like that?"

"I think we have a few things we need to go through. So I know we were going through quite a rough patch and then we kind of made up in Sardinia and now things have gone back to being quite bad but I'm annoyed that I heard you've been getting close to that Sam."

"What?"

"Apparently you've been messaging about our relationship and giving him a bit of hope."

"That is completely not true. Yeah I've been getting close to him but we're in the same friendship group it was going to happen. In terms of our relationship I've been confiding in him but I never said anything about us two."

"Well that's just what I heard."

"Can I be honest with you Dan? I feel like you've been very short with me these past few weeks and I don't know what to do. I really want this to work but I don't know if you do."

"I don't know what to say to you."

"Say you want me?" I almost shouted. "We worked so hard to get to a relationship and now you want to throw it all away."

"I'm sorry alright but I don't want to give you false hope."

"So is this it for us then?"

"I think so...."

"Well you just lost the best thing that's ever happened to you. I'll see you soon." I said and stood up.

"Lace..."

"I really don't want to talk now Dan"

I made my way outside and decided to ring Lauren to say I wasn't going tonight.

Lauren: Hi Lace.

Lacey: Hi love. Just saying I'm not going to be coming tonight. I met up with Dan before and it didn't really go well.

Lauren: you're still together right.

Lace: I don't think so.

Lauren: Oh hunny. I'll come over tomorrow and we'll sort it all out. Have an early night.

Lace: that's what I'm going to do. Love you.

Lauren: love you.

****

The next morning I'd only just woken up when I heard a knock at the door. I opened it and found Lauren and Chloe Sims stood there.

"We've brought breakfast and coffee and all the tissues you'll need." Lauren said and stepped inside. "Now let's put on a film and forget about him."

"You're the best friends ever."

"We know. Now come on."

"Do you want to talk though because if you do we're all ears?" Chloe asked.

"No I've done talking about him and I'm ready to move on."

"Good for you."

****Author's Note****

I hope you like this chapter.

Vote and comment any suggestions.

Xx