Niall's POV: Ch. 42

➡Niall's POV:

I stare at the doctor, and fall to my knees in shock. He's serious, I think dully.

"You're kidding," Louis breathes. I can hear in his voice that he just says it out of shock. He doesn't really mean it.

And he isn't kidding. What kind of doctor would lie to you about your daughter's own health? Some crazy, messed-up one for sure.

"Mr. Tomlinson, I'm not." He gives us all sympathetic glances before saying quietly, "You can see her in a few minutes if you'd like."

Once he leaves we all huddle together in a group hug and cry. I can't believe it. The wait is over. She's d-

"Niall, do you want to go in?" Liam asks, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Liam! Of course we're going in! She's our daughter!" Louis exclaims.

I nod in agreement. "I need to see this," I say firmly

"So you don't believe the doctor?" Zayn asks with a small smile.

"I do too! Of course I do!" I say.

"Then why do you-"

"Zayn, just drop it, mate," Harry says in an exhausted voice. "Let's all be happy people going to see our daughter."

"Harry, we are happy. She's alive," Louis says in a soft voice filled with compassion.

"I know, Louis. Stress talking here," Haz wryly says.

I smile and lead the way to our daughter's hospital room. "I can't believe it," I cheerfully say. "She's not dead. She's not dead. She's not dead." The chant starts up and us lads keep repeating it over and over happily until a nurse comes by rolling a dead body.

We shut up after that.

"Lily!" I scream once I see our daughter.

She looks up and grins. "NiNi!" She struggles into a sitting position but I stop her by laying my hand lightly on her stomach.

"Lily, you're going to have to stay laying down until you're better," I tell her.

She pouts but sighs and lies back down. "Fine," she grumbles.

I laugh at her and can't stop. I know I laugh a lot, but I've been so worried and stressed out that I need to let it all out. I hug Lily tightly and don't plan to let her go anytime soon. "I love you so much princess," I whisper.

Lily starts to cry and nods. "I love you too, Niall."

"You're the best six year old daughter ever," Louis says and joins the hug.

Lily giggles and holds up a hand. I can tell she's anxious, but a little timid to say something. "Well?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. "What is it?"

"Um, well, I'm not six anymore," she murmurs.

We all stare in shock at her and and Liam blurts, "Happy birthday LiLi!"

Lily sighs in relief and grins. "I didn't know if you guys would be mad," she admits shyly.

"Why on earth would we be mad?" Harry asks, confused.

"Because I...I don't know," she confesses. "I just thought you might have been."

I smile and hug her. She giggles and hugs back fiercely. "I missed you guys."

"I missed you too," I say.

"We all did," Zayn adds.

Lily smiles and giggles again. Then she gets comfortable on the bed and says softly, "Will you tell me a story?"