Niall's POV: Ch. 27

➡Niall's POV:

We laugh at Lily's facial expression when she realizes how stinky Louis when he hugs her. Then we all hug her and she scrunches her face up at the smell. "Zaynie, I thought you don't like swimming," Lily says, looking at Zayn with big eyes.

"I don't," he says, eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"Then why are you wet?" She asks.

"That's what he said to her," I hear Louis whisper to Harry.

He bursts out laughing with Louis and I can't keep mine in either. Liam has this disapproving look while Zayn and Lily are confused.

"Perverted joke," I tell Zayn and that earns me a slap on the back of my head by Liam.

"What's perverted mean?" Lily asks but with her lisp thing it sounds like "pewvewted."

"See?" Liam says with exasperation in his voice. He looks at me, annoyed, and gestures for me to explain.

"Uh, um, well, it's what Harry is," I blurt bluntly.

Lily looks towards Harry and very innocently says, "You're pewvewted?"

Harry starts to laugh hard and doubles over, gasping for breath. "No. No, Niall's a liar," he finally gets out between laughs.

"No! You're lying!" I accuse.

"No I'm not!" Harry defends.

"Then why does everyone say you are?" Ouch. That one was harsh. I clasp my hands over my mouth and regret the words immediately. I know he doesn't mind us jokingly saying it but he hates it when other people say it.

Tears gather in Hazza's eyes and he backs up a few steps. "Because... Because that's what haters say and haters have nothing better to do with their lives." And with that, he runs. He runs as fast as he can in his tight skinny jeans and then all the lads are surrounding me, yelling at me, it's all overwhelming and confusing, and all I see is Lily sprinting after Harry.

"Lily!" I shout over the lads.

They all turn and see the last glimpse of her as she turns the corner. Then they're off, running after her, all of them with angry looks shot at me. I slide against the wall and curl up. Softly, I start to cry. I didn't mean to, honest! It slipped.

I start to cry harder when I hear screaming and crying and it sounds like Lily and I know right away that she forgot. She forgot and is probably lost, and it's all my fault.

I get up and rub my eyes. I walk unsteadily to the sound of screaming and quiet crying and I see Lily. She's backing up away from the lads and they're trying to stop Harry from running out of the door.

Lily sees me and just bolts. I follow while the lads struggle to contain Harry and calm him down. Get some sense knocked into him. He has trouble taking hate. He did self-harm. We can't let him do it again.

I realize I stopped in the middle of the hallway so I keep running in a random direction. Then I hear another scream and then I see her. I walk toward her and put my hands up in surrender.

"Lily," I start quietly.

"How do you know me?" She cries in a frightened voice.

"I know you because you're my daughter," I whisper.

"No I'm not. I have a daddy," she says.

"Does your dad abuse you?" I ask.

Her face pales and she starts to tremble. "No," she whispers in a scared voice. "Nononononono!" Lily screams. "You can't tell him! He'll hurt me even worse. Please, don't tell him you know!" She begs.

I look at her closely. The adorable, little girl I just knew is replaced by this older, scared girl. Her face is pale, eyes panicked. They hold pain and secrets. I wish I could take all that away.

"Lily. I won't tell. I promise. But you have to believe me when I say that you're okay, and you won't be hurt," I say softly.

Her eyes dart behind me and I spin around. The lads are walking towards us and I hear little footsteps running away. I turn back and see her disappear.

"Lily!" I call. "Come back!" I sprint after her but I don't know which direction she took. There's so many different ways to go.

I hear her screaming again and the sound just gives me the chills. "Lily!" I scream in a panic. She's going to have an asthma attack soon. I can feel it.

The lads have caught up with me and they're freaking out too. "Lily!" Louis yells.

Finally, I see her. She's crouched in a corner, trying to catch her breath. "Asthma attack," Harry breathes. He runs over and gently takes her in his arms. He puts the inhaler in her mouth then shouts, "Damn it!"

"What?! What's wrong?!" Zayn's spazzing out too.

"It's empty," Harry whispers.

"No," Liam and I gasp.

Louis crouches down and takes Lily's weak and limp body in his arms. "Shhh, baby girl. Just calm down. Everything's going to be okay."

"I killed her," Lily mumbles.

"Huh?!" Louis asks.

"I killed her," she repeats and shows us her hands.

"Oh my god," Liam says.

"Holy shit!" I say louder.

Her hands are completely covered in blood. The crimson liquid is still wet and it drips everywhere. And there's a ginormous dead spider in her tiny hands and I understand now why she said "her". The spider had baby spiders in her. Unborn still.

"I killed her," Lily numbly says.

"Baby, why?" Louis wonders.

"It hurt me," she explains and points a red finger to a greenish lump on her arm, just below her wrist.

"Her vein. It bit her vein," Liam says with wide, frightened eyes.

We stand up and all rush out of there. We need to get to a hospital. Quick.

ⓗⓘⓘⓘⓘⓘ!!!!!!!! Short Sunday update :)

Guys, just hitting the little star-shaped button or writing something in the comment box makes my day :) so please comment and vote :D

Everlost by...idk, again :/

Fun Fact: If you sit down and lift your right foot and rotate it in clockwise circles and then rotate your right hand anti clockwise, your foot will change directions