Niall's POV: Ch. 15

➡Niall's POV:

I laugh hard as I get up off the stairs. Lily sits on a step above me, giggling at my clumsiness. "You alright?" I ask her seriously once our laughter dies down. I guess I should have asked that before, but oh well.

"Yupper-dupper! Are you?" Lily responds.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I tell her.

She giggles for no reason and puts her arms in the air. "Carry me?" She pleads with big eyes.

I sigh and cave. "Oh alright." I pick her up and wrap her legs around my waist while her head rests on my shoulder.

"I love you NiNi," Lily mumbles.

I grin widely. "Me too," I say jokingly. Lily laughs her cute tinkling laugh and then I add, "But I love you more."

"I love you more-er," Lily challenges.

"Most. It's I love you most not more-er. that isn't even a word," I correct her.

"Oh," Lily sighs.

I realize I stopped on the stairs and I resume my climb. "Is it cold today?" I think out loud.

"I don't know. Liam might though," suggests Lily.

"Hey Liam! Are we going anywhere and is it cold?!" I shout down the stairs.

"Yes, the fair and no, it's warm!" Is the response.

"Ooh! The fair!" I squeal like a girl.

"The fair? What's the fair?" Lily asks with her nose all scrunched up in confusion.

"The fair is a place where there are rides and cotton candy and a bunch of other sweet things Liam won't let us eat but we will anyways. There is one thing that is best of all though..." I trail of and leave Lily hanging. "ICE CREAM!" I scream all of a sudden, making Lily jump.

"You scream?" Lily asks, so confused.

"No, princess. Ice. Cream."

"What is ice. Cream?" She wonders, leaving a space between ice and cream like I did. I smile at her adorableness.

"A yummy dessert that we will get," I promise her.

"Hooray for ice. Cream!" She excitedly exclaims.

We reach the top of the stairs and we run into her room. "What should you wear, princess?" I ask her. She shrugs. I pull out a short-sleeved shirt that is orange and has <3 1D on it in red bold letters. Then a soft pleated skirt that is an aquamarine color. I hand her a pair of red Vans that she slips on. I put a striped orange and bluish-green headband on Lily's head after I brush it, and bam! we're done.

"Yay! Thank you NiNi!" Lily squeals then proceeds to run away and out of the room.

"Your welcome!" I shout sarcastically after her although I don't think she can pick up sarcasm being six and all. "Someone brush Lily's teeth!" I yell as an afterthought.

I go to my room and slip on a pair of khakis, white Toms (the boy kind), and a white polo with a Jack Wills sweatshirt that may or may not be Harry's.

I walk out of my room, closing the door behind me. Don't want Lily wandering in there on accident. I stomp down the stairs and almost plow Lily over. "Oh! Hey princess," I say.

"Hi! I'm Lily! I have a penguin named August!" She tells me while bouncing up and down.

"Whoa! Who gave you chocolate?" I ask incredulously.

"You did!" Lily exclaims.

"When?"

"Yesterday!"

"Why is it kicking in now?" I think out loud. "Oh my god," I mutter, looking at the hyper Lily. She is going to have a major sugar crash. "Liam!" I shout urgently, picking Lily up.

"What?!" Liam calls from the living room. I run in and set Lily in front of him. "Hi LiLi," he coos.

"Hi! I like orange!" Lily blurts.

Liam turns to me. "What did you do?!"

"I have her chocolate! One piece! And it was yesterday!" I defend myself.

"How are we supposed to fix this?!" Liam explodes. Lily's eyes widen and she shrinks back away from Liam. I agree. Scary Liam is, well, scary.

I pick up Lily and press her head against my chest and send a warning look at Liam. He gets the message and tones his voice down. "What are we going to tell Lou?" He angrily asks.

"Tell me what?" Louis walks into the room.

"Daddy! Guess what?! Niall gave me chocolate yesterday but it's making me really really happy and talk fastly today and NiNi and LiLi don't know how to fix it!" Lily explains.

"That," I answer nervously to Louis' question. Louis gives me a no duh look and I smile weakly. I was so dead.

"Come here baby girl," Louis says and takes Lily from me. Lily giggles and hugs him tightly.

"I love you Daddy," she mumbles and falls asleep.

I burst out laughing at Lily's weird behavior then stop when I realize I'm the only one. "Sorry," I mumble with my cheeks heating up.

"It isn't your fault, just don't give her any sugar again. Tell the rest of the lads that," Louis says.

"I promised her ice cream though," I pout.

"Uh, we can look for sugar-free ice cream," Lou suggests.

I immediately brighten. "Yay!" But then I pout again. "This means we can't have any sugar in our foods again, doesn't it?"

Louis nods sadly. "I'm sorry mate," he says with a hand in my shoulder, "But it's for a good cause. The cause of our eardrums from hearing Lily blurt everything that comes to mind."

I burst out laughing at this joined by Liam. Louis grins then holds up Lily. "I'm gonna put her to bed then we can go to the fair later."

Lily stirs in his arms and her eyes half-open. "Can I have August?" She asks in a tired voice. I hand it to her and she smiles briefly before hugging the stuffed animal and, with her thumb in her mouth, falls back asleep.

She is too darn cute.

Not a real long chapter but slightly important. Kinda boring, too. Sorry :(

Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson

Fun Fact: A cat has about 20 muscles in each ear

Comment the song if you found it! You can message me or leave ideas on my message board if you have an idea or ideas for the book.