Niall's POV: Ch. 4

➡Niall's POV:
Jeez, my princess had a rough life, but I never knew it was this bad. I feel like crying too and I'm pretty sure Liam can read minds because he comes over and starts to rub my back.

"It'll be alright," he murmurs.

I nod and wipe my eyes. "Yeah, you're right," I croak.

Liam grins and adds, "I know."

I laugh. Louis comes back in from carrying Lily to his room since she doesn't have her own room yet. "So Mr. Smarty Pants, where's this place we're taking my princess?" I ask.

Louis smiles. "No name-calling, Niall. And I thought we could take her to a park."

"Why?" Liam wonders.

"She had fun on a freakin' piggy back ride! Imagine what it would feel like on a swing or a slide." Louis exclaims excitedly.

I grin. "Good idea, mate! I bet I'll have as much fun as Lily."

Everyone laughs and Zayn speaks up. "Um, is it all right if we, as in Harry, Liam and I, can take her shopping. I mean, if you want to come you can, but, uh, she seems close to you guys."
I stare at Zayn. That was a lot he just said!

Zayn laughs and I realize I just said that out loud. My face flushes and I duck my head.

"Aww, mate, its okay," Zayn says.

I look up and smile. "I'm gonna go check on my princess!" I declare. I walk towards the steps and a heart-breaking scream makes me and the lads sprint up stairs.

"LILY!" We all shout.

"I'M SORRY!" Lily screams and we barge into her room. She's sitting on the bedroom floor with tears pouring down her face and blood running down her hands. Liam immediately gets the first-aid kit and I immediately start to cry.

"What happened?" Louis gasps worriedly.

Lily cries harder and I sit on her floor and hug her to my chest. What's wrong princess?" I whisper.

She hiccups. "I-I h-had a n-nightmare," she stutters quietly.

"Why are your wrists bleeding?" Louis asks softly.

"I don't know," Lily lies, keeping her head down.

"I think you do," Louis says, lifting up Lily's head with two fingers.

She looks really scared and I feel bad, but we need to know why she did what she did. She gets off my lap and goes into a corner. She keeps her head low, avoiding eye contact.

"You wouldn't punish me, so I had too," Lily mumbles.

"Lily, this isn't what you do," Louis says softly and takes her wrists, holding them to his lips. "You shouldn't cut yourself, baby."

Lily draws her wrists away, wincing in pain. "I didn't know what cutting was until today. It hurts," she murmurs, and Louis lets a choking laugh escape his lips through his tears.

"That's why you shouldn't do it," Louis says.

I can't take it. I burst into harder tears and Harry has to lead me out of the room. Liam comes running past us with the first-aid kit.

I sit on the couch in the living room. Harry rubs my back and I drop my head into my hands. "Her life was terrible," I whisper.

"I know mate," Harry says softly. We just sit there until Liam and Zayn come back.

"Where's Louis?" I ask them.

"He decided to stay there and make sure Lily doesn't do anything again. And, since it's his room, he'll sleep here," Liam explains. I look at the clock and see it's 11:30 PM.