Louis' POV: Ch. 26

➡Louis' POV:

"Lads, we have to leave now," Paul says once the laughter dies down.

"Really? Can't we stay for five more minutes?" I whine.

"No. And quit acting like your daughter's age," Paul adds.

I pout and drag my feet out the door to the car. "I don't wanna go," I mumble which makes everyone laugh at my childishness.

"Don't worry mate. Once we get there you'll be fine," Liam comforts unlike Paul who's just mean about it.

"Yeah, I guess," I sigh. I'm actually really nervous about Lily going on stage tonight. I'm sure she'll do fine, but what about the fans? We got hate about her before on twitter, so how will they react when they see her for real? She'll be heart-broken if she finds out they hate her.

"Lou? Louis, mate, you okay?" Niall calls and I break out of my worrying. Let's leave it to Liam.

"Yup!" I exclaim, popping my p.

"Are you sure?" Zayn asks.

I nod hesitantly. Why were they worried so much? Did I do something? Do I look sick?

"No, mate, we just understand why you're freaking out. But relax, nothing will happen," Harry says.

Oopsies, I guess I said my thoughts out loud, I think to myself. "But what if something does happen?" I ask in a worried tone, back to fretting about my daughter.

"Louis, calm down. Lily will do great," Eleanor soothingly says to me.

She's the only one who could make it tonight. Sophia and Perrie had to leave. El's gonna leave right after our concert since where's she's going, there's a time difference and when she arrives after her flight, it'll be the same time there then it is like, right now. Pretty cool, huh?

"Fine," I sigh then add, "well, she is my daughter, so she'll probably do great." I earn a few laughs at that and I glance at Lily on Niall's lap. Her face is ashen and it looks like she's gonna be sick. I take her from the little Irish lad and set her on my knees, facing me. She won't make eye contact and keeps glancing at the car door.

"Are the child safety locks on, Paul?" Niall must've noticed, too.

"Yeah, why?" Paul responds.

"No reason," Niall says with a shrug.

I take Lily's face gently in my hands and turn her towards me. "Baby girl, what's wrong?" I ask softly.

She shakes her head and a few tears roll down her cheeks. After a moment she chokes out, "I'm gonna mess up Daddy. And then the fans won't like me and then you'll get rid of me."

"Oh my god! Baby girl, never ever would I get rid of you," I tell her, shocked that she would think of that.

"Everyone e-else h-has," she sobs. Tears are flowing faster and faster down her cheeks, becoming a cascading river that never ends.

"Maybe they did, but not me," I promise firmly. Harry has her inhaler out but I shake my head no. I want to see if I can calm her down without medication. "And if the fans don't like you, and that's like a big if, bigger than Olaf wanting to see summer-" Lily giggles at this comparison because Olaf is her favorite character, and we went online and she took a test to see which character she was most like. She was very happy to see Olaf's picture pop up. She can't read yet. "-we wouldn't get rid of you. That's the fans' faults for not loving you for who you are, not yours."

"B-But..." Lily trails off and looks up at me with the most innocent expression ever. "Then you'll lose fans. And it'll b-be a-all m-my f-fault!"

"They weren't fans then, were they? Fans are people who stick by you through the good and bad, whatever happens," I explain while glancing at all the lads, victims of awful messages and terrible hate. And my beautiful girlfriend who is exposed to that stuff every day usually because of me. Why do people do that kind of stuff?