Harry's POV: Ch. 9

➡Harry's POV:
I look down at the little girl on my chest. She is so darn adorable. All the lads are staring at her while she sleeps, although Niall is still in hysterics after her shouting. Even Paul keeps looking back here and he hasn't even met her yet. I don't think she realises the effect she has.

After thirty more minutes of driving, Niall laughing for half of it, we reach our destination. The beach. I gently wake up Lily and she rubs her eyes.
"Good morning, Hazza Bear," she says in a cute voice.

"You mean, good afternoon," I correct. Her eyes light up and she looks out the window. I pick her up and jump out of the car. I set her down and we start to run.

"Let's go!" We shout together. I drop off our towels on the blanket by Zayn, and Lily and I run into the water. She giggles each time her feet hit the sand and laughs hysterically when a wave comes and hits her. I take her hand and walk a bit deeper until the water reaches her chest. It's only a little lower than my waist. She's short.

I kneel down and pick Lily up. She shivers in the cold wind as we walk to the lads who are deeper.

Suddenly Lily screams and I drop her in surprise. She goes under and I quickly pick her up. She coughs up sea water and starts to cry as she screams in pain. I grit my teeth as I feel a jellyfish sting my leg. I lift Lily out of the water and walk towards the shore, breathing sharply at each sting I get. The water is extremely warm so I guess we should have seen that coming.

I set Lily down on a towel and grab a handful of sand. I rub it on her leg and try to calm her down with Zayn's help. She finally resides to hiccups and I address the stings I got. Not awful but not very good either. By now the lads have joined us. They avoided the area of jellies.

I look up at them. "Should we..." I trail off.

"No, please. I wanna stay," Lily begs. We all shrug.

"You sure, baby girl?" Louis asks. She nods and gets up.

"Let's go, she says determinedly. We all march into the water except Zayn. We get about chest-deep, Louis holding Lily. We're all splashing around and having fun when a big wave hits. We all go under in surprise and come up spluttering.

"Lily!" Louis screams. He runs through the water, looking for her. We help, all of screaming her name.

"Shark! Shark! Get out of the water!" A lifeguard shouts from the shore. We all keep frantically searching. Finally Liam picks up a coughing Lily and we all sigh in relief. Then Niall screams and starts to cry. Oh god, the sharks, I think before Louis cries out and I scream as a searing pain sear at my right calf. Tears rush down my face and we all run to shore. Liam holds Lily out of the water like I did. He stumbles and leaves a red trail in the water. We finally reach the shore and we collapse on the sand.

Medics rush around us as Zayn comforts a sobbing Lily. She didn't get hurt which is a relief but Liam, Louis, Niall, and I have to be rushed to a hospital and get stitches. At least we didn't lose any body parts, but we were bitten by sharks. Lou and Liam are losing a lot of blood and the medics are freaked about that. I feel myself being lifted up and I'm placed in the back of an ambulance. Then I'm rushed to a hospital and pushed frantically in to.

I'm placed on a bed where I'm immediately numbed where I got bit. Then I'm cleaned and stitched up. I barely feel it. I needed thirteen stitches. My cut was small but deep.
The door burst open and Zayn holding a still crying Lily walk in. Lily immediately runs to my side and starts to apologise. I pick her up and set her on my lap and smooth her hair, trying to calm her down.

"Lily, it isn't your fault! How on earth did you cause all this?" I ask her.

"B-because I-I said t-that I w-wanted to stay!" She sobs. "Y-you guys w-wouldn't b-be in h-here if we l-left!"