Harry's POV: Ch. 17

➡Harry's POV:

Lily immediately jumped out of the car once Louis parked. "C'mon, c'mon!" She exclaims excitedly. She was grinning widely and bouncing up and down.

I wonder if the chocolate wore off completely.

"Hold on, Lily," Zayn tells her and grabs her hand to prevent her from running off.

"But Zaynie, I want to go!" She pouts. "I want ice. Cream."

"What?" I ask. "Who taught you to say it like that?"

She points to the little leprechaun. He blushes and ducks his head. "I told her about it and I put a space in between because she thought I said I scream," Niall explains.

I shake my head, mostly amused and smile cheekily at Nialler when he looks up. He bursts out laughing in his infectious laugh and everyone passing by stares at us like we're mental.

It also doesn't help when Louis slaps his forehead and screams, "I FORGOT LILY'S MEDICINE, AGAIN!!!"

I guess we stand out because we went to the fair on a Tuesday, when most kids are still at school. And we are five males with a small child.

To explain why Lily isn't going to school is that we decided to "homeschool" her. (What we know anyways. Niall only read one book so I don't know how much of a help he'll be.) We didn't want her missing so much school with the tour and all of our business stuff going on and to happen. Plus, there could possibly be mean girls in Year 1.

"Ma'am, it isn't nice to stare!" Louis calls out to a lady walking past us and obviously staring.

She scoffs at us, as if we are doing something bad and she isn't gawking, and strolls faster away.

"That's right! Keep going!" Louis just has to add. The lady spins around and glares daggers at Lou. He smiles cockily at her.

Oh god, Louis. Why do you have to be in this mood now? I think to myself and mentally groan. I know he's just trying to be funny but not now!

The lady storms up to us and Liam tries to apologize for Lou's behavior. "Miss, I am so sorry for my friend, he is just try-"

Liam is cut off by the lady when she spits, "Oh? You boys are friends? So you aren't married or anything? No children besides this little girl here who I feel terrible for? How long have you lads been together? Hmm?"

At first I thought she was genuinely asking if we are married so I say, "Well, Zayn here is engaged." I pat him on the shoulder to show the lady who he is.

"To who, a boy?" She asks Zayn harshly.

I finally understand what the lady's is saying and I curl my hands into fists angrily. I clamp my hands over Lily's ears and tell the lady, "Ma'am, we are not gay, if that's what you're implying."

"It is what I'm implying!" She raises her voice. "I know who you are but that doesn't make you special!"

"Miss, we don't think we're special. We can barely understand the change ourselves and we've been doing this for a few years, now," Louis butts in.

"I didn't ask you, Lewis," she sneers.

Lou steps back a half-step. "Miss, please don't call me that," he asks of her softly, quite politely in my opinion after being called the wrong name, purposefully.

"I'm not a miss. I'm a ms. Ms. DeAndrews," the lady tells us.

My hands are still on Lily's ears and I take them off, picking her up in the process. "Makes sense," I mutter under my breath.