Liam's POV: Ch. 19

➡Liam's POV: August 16,

Wednesday

I wake up to the sound of my blaring alarm. Groggily, I get out of bed and go around the rooms, knocking on bedroom doors. Suddenly I hear crying from Louis' and I walk in.

"What's wrong?" I immediately ask.

"Lily doesn't feel well because we forgot to give her her medicine yesterday," Louis explains, his voice thick with sleep. In his lap is a crying Lily with her thumb in her mouth.

"What hurts?" I kneel down to her height and pick her gently up.

Yesterday we came home from the ice cream shop and just crashed early after packing for today. Glad we did because I didn't expect to have Lily crying this early in the morning.

"M-my head. A-and m-my nose is stuffy." She demonstrates by sniffing. Tears roll down her face faster and faster until I'm up and running to Harry to get her inhaler.

"Harry!" I yell and bang on the door then burst through, covering Lily's eyes for safety reasons.

"Mate! What the h-"

"I need her inhaler," I explain, breathless. I grab the blue container and run out, slamming the door behind me. I set Lily down on the floor and shake the contraption. Pressing the medicine down, I put it in her mouth. I count to thirty then say, "Breathe," because she can't count that high yet.

Lily's sobbing is reduced to hiccups and I take her downstairs and give her her medicine. "LiLi, it tastes yucky," she complains.

"LiLi, it's just because of your cold," I tell her.

"Colds are yucky," she informs me.

"Yeah," I agree. I lift her off the kitchen counter and carry her upstairs. "Let's get you changed now." I go into her orange and blue bedroom and plop her on the bed which causes giggles to erupt from her mouth.

Looking through her mostly empty closet thanks to the tour, I grab sweatpants that were adorably small, a comfy t-shirt that said I'm fun-sized! and a pair of trainers. Lily is falling asleep as I change her and moans every time I shift her position to slip on her clothes and trainers. I don't bother with her hair, and I don't think I'd be able to because I don't have any younger sibling unlike Zayn and Louis.

"You can sleep soon, LiLi," I promise her. She can't sleep now because I want her to formally meet Paul when he comes and picks us up. And the screaming of fans will wake her anyways. She nods in understanding, barely awake.

I overheard what Zayn told her yesterday and it is true, we do have an interview and show, he just failed to mention that we are going to a different place to do them.

I lift Lily up and walk down the hallway to Louis' room. Knocking on the open door, I say, "Mate, I'm leaving Lily here because I need to change.

Lou looks up and nods. "Okay. When will Paul be here?"

"Uh, in like ten, fifteen minutes," I respond. I set Lily down and she lays on the floor in a curled up ball. "Lily, you can't go to sleep," I remind her.

"Why not?" Lily whines.

"Because I said so," I tell her sternly and tears well up in her eyes.

"Okay," she answers meekly and turns away.

I sigh and crouch down. "LiLi, I'm sorry, it's just that we don't have time right now."

Lily still ignores me and I sigh sadly. But she'll forget later and be less crabby once she gets a little more sleep. I mean, it is 4:30 AM.