June 12, 2013 (Part One)

I don't have words to describe how perfect last night was. However, I will try, but I know that I won't be able to sufficiently capture the magic of our evening together.

Adam and I returned to the cabin, and he told me to go put something nice on for dinner. Luckily, I had packed several dresses in the chance that we would be going to some sort of nice dinner. I slipped into a flowy yellow sundress with ruffles and spaghetti straps, and looked in the mirror. I had managed to curl my hair, letting my dark hair fall in tendrils on my chest. I brushed powder over my pale complexion, then extracted my tube of eyeliner from my cosmetic bag.

I hesitated, before I subconsciously made a decision: I put the eyeliner away. In place of my usual dark lines, I dusted a thin layer of light pink eyeshadow, several coats of mascara, and even mustered up the courage to coat my lips with shimmering lipgloss.

I exited the bathroom to find Adam with his back to me. He had on a steel gray dress shirt and dark jeans, a yellow tie around his neck. I smiled. He must have seen the flash of yellow in my closet and packed his tie to match. Adam looked so breathtakingly beautiful, and I sighed. Hearing me, he whirled around, and stared.

Adam had stared at me before, many times, but he had never looked at me like that. His mouth hung open, and he stood speechless for several minutes. Finally, he spoke.

"Wow," he whispered.

I blushed and stared at my ballet flats. Adam ran over to me, and picked me up, spinning me around. I flung my arms around his neck and giggled. Adam put me down, pulling my waist towards his, and kissed me for several moments before taking my hand and leading me to the car. He opened my door for me, and we rode back into Angelica.

--------------------

Adam parked in front of a restaurant, a small brick building with a white porch. The sign told me that it is the Black- Eyed Susan Acoustic Cafe, complete with a picture of the flower that is its namesake. We walked into the small cafe and are seated at a table for two. The round table was covered in a white tablecloth, with a vase of fresh flowers in the middle. Adam pushed my chair in for me, then sat down himself.

Since the cafe is apparently renowned for its live music, a young acoustic musician sat on a stool on the small wooden stage serenading the diners. Adam and I stared at each other over the flickering candle on the table, and he took both of my hands.

"You know that I love you, right Sydney?"

"Just a little bit," I laughed.

Adam laughs, then looked at me. "You know, I want to marry you someday." I smiled shyly, and he continued. "I want to see you in a white dress coming down the aisle, I want to be able to call you my wife, I want to be Mr. and Mrs. Bretter." Tears pricked my eyes, and he continues. "I want to see the whole world with you, to have every adventure we have ever wanted. I want to have kids with you, I want to grow old together, and I just want to be yours."

I leaned across the table and kissed him. I have always wanted everything he had just said, I just had no idea that he wanted that too. "You really want kids?"

He nodded. "Of course I do. You'll be such an amazing mother."

I wiped a tear away, then smiled. "What would you want them to be named?"

He shook his head. "It's up to you, baby. Whatever you want."

I thought for several moments, a smile spreading across my face. "If we had a boy..." I paused. Adam looked at me with an expectant smile. "What if we named him Daniel?"

A small smile spreads onto his face. "Yeah. Yeah that would be nice. He would've liked that." I squeezed his hand, and he smiled again.

The rest of dinner is filled with laughter and stories of past adventures. I ordered some sort of risotto, and if I could marry food, then that risotto would be my husband. Adam made me eat some of his dessert, feeding me bites of chocolate cake off of his fork.

All too soon, dinner is over, and we made our way to the entrance of the restaurant. We push open the door to the porch, only to find that the sky has opened up and is now pouring rain. Adam took off his peacoat and shelters me with it before we run to the car. We fell into the seats, both fairly drenched, our clothes dripping on the leather seats. In spite of that, we both cracked up, struggling for air from laughing so hard.

Adam drives back to the Evergreen Trail Campground, and we pulled up to his cabin. We both sprinted to the door, falling into the warmth of the house. Rain splashes on the windows, and thunder calls out to us in the distance. We both laughed at our drenched clothes, and he cracked up at my wet curls.

"Your poor hair, Syd," he laughed.

I shrug. "It'll dry."

Adam pushed a strand of hair from my eyes, then grabs my face with both hands and kisses me hard. I kissed him back, wrapping my hands around his neck. His hands tangle themselves in my long hair, and a soft squeak escapes my lips. We stumble our way to the bed, falling onto it breathlessly. Adam's fingers trailed to the hem of my dress, and he pulls away. He looks at me, waiting for permission, and I firmly kiss him in response. Adam lifted the fabric over my head, throwing it onto the floor. It lands in a wet heap of yellow fabric, followed by Adam's tie and shirt. My fingers trailed over his exposed stomach, seeking every inch of his soft skin. Adam kissed me, then pulled back.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

I know that this isn't something that I can undo, but I nodded.

"I love you," he whispered, and he kissed me hard one more time.

--------------------

SCREAMING BECAUSE IVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS OH MY GOD