Epilogue

The next morning, the police received a call from a panicked woman. She had found a body floating in the river, and was distraught. When the police arrived, they pulled the girl out of the river. Her eyeliner had been wiped off in the water, and her hair had frozen to her skin. She had been dead for eleven hours when she was found. 

The police investigated the case, finding a leather- bound journal on the bridge above her. After finding her vehicle, they began to piece everything together. They had concluded that it was a suicide, and notified her family.

After the funeral, the Daniels family was united through their heartbreak. Sydney's parents decided not to divorce, and mourned their loss together. Six months after his sister's death, Zach Daniels hung himself in his closet. His note simply said, "See you soon."

Emma returned to the hospital after relapsing. After getting treatment for her eating disorder and self-harm, Emma moved to New York, marrying an author. They are happily married, and she visits Angelica twice a year to mourn her sister.

Lindsay Bretter returned to college after Sydney's death. She ended up marrying Brad Beckett and having two children- Sydney Elizabeth and Daniel Adam. They are both beautiful, happy, children with loving parents.

Kimber and Jamie are still together, and were engaged several years after losing Sydney. They are going to be married in three weeks.

Chris Dermott was miserable for the years following Sydney's death. He played college football for Notre Dame, and is now a psychologist specializing in teen mental health. He has not married yet, but hopes that Sydney and Adam are together again.

Sydney was mourned by an entire community of people, most of whom did not have the privilege of loving her. She will be forever missed.