foreword + trailer

TRAILER

(please watch it in 1080p HD. Rendering it was a nightmare.)

SYNOPSIS

          NYSPA—New York School for Performing Arts—is known for being notoriously competitive. Being one of the best schools for performing arts in the entire planet, it's only natural for them to only accept the best of the best, and their students go to great lengths to prove themselves as worthy of their spot. New clubs come and go, they rise and they fall,  but only the strongest survive.

          The old show choir club was not one of the strongest ones. It repeatedly failed to meet the university's high expectations, making it to Nationals once or twice but never actually winning the competition, and the funds were cut. Naturally, it had to go and be buried six feet deep for long enough to make everyone forget about how much of a disappointment that thing was.

          A.J. Fleetwood returns for her senior year after an entire year on Broadway as a leading lady, sending her into a rising spiral of stardom and a bunch of fall-outs with old costars and former classmates. In an attempt of redeeming herself in the eyes of everyone who ever thought she wouldn't make it out there, she digs out the old show choir rule book and decides to revive the club.

          She just wasn't planning on it probably being a lot more than she could handle. As the competition between the members and the other show choir clubs gets fiercer, their ability to work as a group and their trust in each other gets tested. Some of them fly. Some of them fall.

          It's not just about talent and stage presence. It's about knowing you're part of a team.