Happy Valentines Day

Hope you enjoy this chapter!  xoxoxo, Brooke

_____________________________________________________________________________

JAMES’ POV

“Well, no daughter of mine is having a child out of wedlock.”  Mrs. Garner said as she begrudgingly signed the paper. We had told everyone about the engagement this morning and, considering the circumstances (my cancer, Jade’s pregnancy), my mom and Mrs. Garner were accepting. After explaining things to Dr. Rivers (and determining that I was indeed healthy enough), Mom took us to City Hall, where we are now signing to get our marriage license. Wow, crazy stuff.

“Alright, the license will be sent to you in about ten days or less.” Our officiant informed, shaking each of our hands. “Congrats, kids.”

Then we walked out of City Hall, another weight lifted off of our shoulders. Jade and I walked hand in hand as we were guided to Mom’s car. The fact that we applied for our marriage license on Valentines Day made it seem all the more special, to be honest. Now that we had that out of the way, we could plan our February 28 wedding. Two weeks wasn’t very long, but Jade and I spent all last night talking about it. We have a plan. It’s okay.

“Well, at least your mother agreed to it. Although, I didn’t appreciate that curse filled rant she went on when you announced the pregnancy.” Mom said, watching as Mrs. Garner slammed her down car door shut. I wasn’t all too thrilled about having her as my mother-in-law.

“So,” Mom finally said. “Let’s talk wedding planning. You’re getting married in the hospital chapel and I was thinking we could have a nice little reception on the rooftop. I’ll also take you, Jade, to pick your wedding dress! We’re gonna have to keep things pretty cheap, due to the short time we have, but we can pull this off. James, I can probably see if Dr. Rivers will let you leave the hospital to pick out your suit, but after this, we should probably cut back on the hospital leaves. You need to focus on treatment once the wedding  is over.”

“I agree with her, Jay.” Jade whispered in my ear.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” I rolled my eyes. Yes, I knew I had to focus on treatment, but I was sure as hell going to have a part in the wedding planning AND the pregnancy. Hey, I lived at the hospital, so making it to Jade’s doctor’s appointments wouldn’t be a problem. This was becoming more nerve wracking yet exciting by the minute.

“Let’s go back to the hospital and we can talk some more!” 

“She seems more excited than I thought she would be.” Jade intertwined our fingers, her head on my shoulder. Speaking of excitement, I had a special Valentines Day present planned for later. A nice little picnic and some romantic music might seem a little predictable, but it was beautiful under a sparkling night sky.

I was going to make this day unforgettable, but I knew it would never compare to our wedding day.

_____________________________________________________________________________

JADE’S POV

“Jade, didn’t you mention lilac and cream for the colors?” Mrs.Diamond asked as we entered the chapel.

“I did.” I gave her a tiny smile, even though my mind was elsewhere. I was the happiest girl in the world now that James and I were officially getting married in two weeks, but I was even more concerned about the pregnancy weight gain. In two weeks, I would be even heavier than today, and the thought deeply frightened me. Once James realize what a pig I actually was, he would never want to marry me.

“I’m gonna sit, if that’s okay.” James sighed, taking his usual seat in the front row. The poor guy looked so tired today. He really wanted the 28th to be our wedding date, but that would be just one day after receiving his chemo, although Dr. Rivers mentioned that she could very possibly postpone the session until the 29th, after the wedding.