Monster Among Men

Monster Among Men:

Demons 

Hide behind my back

And I can't see them 

One, two, three, four

Leading me to do their dirty work

Won't let them knock down my door

Oh, the stupid truth is I'm so bad for you

*

"I'm home!" You yelled out as you slammed the front door to Ashton and yours house. You dropped your bag and took off your shoes, letting out a long sigh at how exhausted you were from a long day at work.

Duke ran up, his tiny tail wagging like crazy for attention. Calum was visiting his family, meaning Ashton and you were babysitting his pride and joy.

"Hey Duke! How's my little man?" You did your baby voice to him, scratching behind his ears and neck, effectively getting his back foot to bounce up and down.

"Where's Ashton huh?" You asked Duke, confused as to why Ashton hadn't met you at the door like he usually does.

You wandered into the living area and was immediately hit with the smell of smoke and alcohol. "Ash?" You watched as his head lulled over towards you, his eyes glazed and in one hand was a cigarette while the other held a bottle of whiskey.

"Hiiiiii." He slurred while trying to wave with his hands full. "Jesus Ash, I thought you had stopped smoking. You were two months free." You murmured, a frown sitting prominent on your features.

"I know but...I really needed one." He mumbled, half out of it. You sat down and grabbed Ashtons cigarette, putting it out in the ashtray on the table before linking your hand with his and laying your head on his shoulder.

"Babe what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just needed it." He quickly spoke back, not wanting to talk about it no doubt. Too bad you were hell bent on finding out why.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin please just tell me why so I can try to help you. I can't help if I don't know what's wrong." Ashton lowered his head for a moment before replying.

"I just....its like a battle in my head sometimes. Like a bunch of demons hiding behind my back and just tormenting me. The only way I know how to deal with it is by smoking. If that fails, then drinking."

You let out a sigh as you squeezed his hand, trying to show support in something you didn't have any experience with.

You didn't like this feeling, it was like no matter what, you couldn't help him.

"You know I'm always here to talk to Ash, there has to be healthier alternatives then you drinking and smoking yourself into the ground. I don't want something to happen to you."

You tried to be gentle with your wording, knowing that if he took it the wrong way it would only push him further into seclusion.

Ashton let out a long sigh as he stood up and stumbled over to the stairs, trying to climb them in his tipsy state.

You went and put the bottle away in the kitchen before going over and helping him climb up the stairs.

You both clumsily made it into the bedroom, his long legs getting tangled as you took him towards the bed causing him to fall on top of it.

"Do you need help getting undressed?" You questioned him, already knowing his answer. "I think so..." He answered, slightly muffled from where his face was buried in the duvet.

You helped him get undressed down to his boxers before dragging him into the bathroom and attempting to brush his teeth.

Soon you had Ashton tucked in, and went to get ready for bed yourself. After you got dressed, did your business in the bathroom, and took care of Duke you were sure Ashton would be out of it.

However, as you climbed into bed you saw him staring straight up at the ceiling with a sad expression on his face.

"Ashton why aren't you asleep?"

"I was just thinking." You crawled over so your head could rest on chest, his arm automatically wrapping around your waist out of habit.

"Well think less so you can get some sleep ok?" You pressed a quick kiss to his chest before letting your exhaustion take over.

You fell asleep so fast you didn't hear Ashton when he whispered, "Why are you still with me? I am so bad for you Y/N."

AN: So....I'm gonna meet 5SOS.....Like legit meet them....and....I don't....I don't know if I'll keep writing after I meet them....that'd be weird...just a heads up...