New Neighbor {Part 3}

You had successfully been avoiding Ashton for the past week. You had ran into Calum a few times and he had made the comment that you hadn't been over in a while, but you just blew it off saying you were too busy with work.

The fact that Ashton hadn't made a move to see you either just reinforced the idea that after seeing what he saw that day, he just wasn't interested. After moping around your apartment for a while, you went for a little run down the block to clear your head.

As you came running back into your building and took the elevator to your floor, you heard someone yell wait right when the doors were about to close. You stuck your foot in between the doors and they quickly opened back up for the one and only Ashton Irwin.

Your breath caught in your throat and you could practically feel the awkwardness in the small space as you both stood there. "So.....how have you been?" Your head shot up to look at him and you could feel the blush coming on immediately. "I've....been good. You?" Ashton shrugged while putting his hands in his pockets. "I've been ok."

You nodded and looked down at your short jogging pants and immediately tried to pull them down to make them longer. Ashton noticed your movements and frowned. "Look...Y/N. I think we need to talk about last week.." You immediately shook your head and interrupted him. "No. We don't. I already know what you're going to say. I get why you left, and if you don't want to hang around me anymore then it's cool. No hard feelings."

Ashton's eyes widened at your statement and went to reply when the elevator dinged and you turned to walk out. Ashton quickly grabbed your arm and yanked you back into the elevator before picking the top floor of the building. "ASHTON WHAT THE HELL!"

"Look just stay and let me explain myself until we get up at the top floor. Then I'll get out and walk back down on the stairs while you go on the elevator." You crossed your arms and leaned against the elevator wall before nodding for him to begin. "Ok first off I'm sorry I haven't spoken to you all week. I wanted to, I really did, but you seemed to be avoiding me. I thought you were mad about what happened, mad at me. So I left you alone. Are you mad at me?"

You let out a sigh and shook your head. "No... not mad. I just....why did you run out like that?" Ashton's face turned red as he scratched the back of his neck. "Um.... No reason." You felt the embarrassment start to come back as he said that. "Look Ashton. I get that I'm ugly and fat. You don't have to avoid saying it. It's obvious from the way you ran out that day."

Ashton looked at you in shock before he quickly shook his head at you. "Nononono that's not... Why would you think that? You're beautiful and sweet and kind and you're not fat, not even close." You stared at Ashton and tried to see if he was lying for your benefit or not.

"Then why did you run?" Ashton sighed and closed his eyes for a moment before opening them. "Because.... Seeing you like that....I um.... It caused me to have a bit of a.... problem." Your eyes widened at his statement. "I....gave you....a..."

"Boner." Ashton finished your sentence since you couldn't get the word out.

His face was blood red at this point and he sheepishly grinned at you. "I left because if you had come out and I had my um...problem, you might have been scared off because it would be obvious what I thought about you." You looked down at your feet and barely spoke, "And how do you feel about me?" Ashton smiled and walked closer to you.

"I like you....a lot. And I think you are drop dead gorgeous, in anything. Especially a towel." You blushed and smiled back at him. "I like you a lot too...I just didn't think you felt the same." Ashton ran his thumb down your cheek and leaned closer. You pressed your lips to his in a sweet kiss and he put his hands on your hips. Slowly the kiss started to get heated and you felt him push you back until your back was against the elevator wall.

He started to tug at your bottom lip when there was a ding and you heard a gasp. You both pulled away quickly to see an older lady standing there at the elevator door. You were about to say something when Ashton grabbed your hand and started pulling you towards the door.

"Excuse us ma'am. We have important business to take care of." The lady let out a "Well I never." Which made Ashton let out a loud giggle as he ran with your hand in his down the stairs, trying to get to the privacy of your apartment so you could both finish what you had started.

AN: Sorry this took so long to post, I'm trying to get ready for going off to college, and IM NOT READY!