Its Time {Part 4}

You slowly sat up in your seat as two nurses walked in the room only to sink back down when they would walk out with someone else.

It had been 2 weeks since you had given birth and a week since you had been home. Every day since you had given birth, you and Ashton had been by the twin's side while they were in their incubators as long as it was allowed. You still hadn't properly held your babies since you had given birth and today was the day you could finally hold them.

You looked over to see Ashton bouncing his leg nervously and you quickly rested your hand on his leg to calm him down. Ever since you had given birth Ashton had been a rock for you that you desperately had needed. The first day back home without the twins was a nightmare for you, and to say you cried would be an understatement. You thought back to that night.

You were sitting in the nursery where your babies should have been, but they weren't. You had walked over and picked up a stuffed elephant in the corner when your eyes had filled with tears. "Its not fair!" You had screamed as you collapsed on the nursery floor. Ashton had found you in the nursery, curled up in a ball, crying and shaking. He didn't say a word as he picked you up and carried you to bed where he had layed down with you against his chest. He had rubbed your back and whispered sweet, comforting things in your ear, as you had slowly fallen asleep with tears still in your eyes and a heavy heart.

The other boys had been there for you both as well, they even came to see the twins with you some days. When you were broken and Ashton was taking care of you, he at least had the boys there and you had told them many times how much you appreciated that.

"Y/N and Ashton?" You looked over at Ashton as he quickly grabbed your hand as you both followed the nurse back into the room. There were two bassinets with your babies and you immediately went over to pick them up. "Is it ok to hold them now?" "Yes ma'am they are perfectly healthy. They are also ready to go home today." You thanked the nurse and she left the room to give you both a moment.

You slowly picked up Dean and held him, tears quickly filling your eyes as Ashton picked up Emma and cradled her in his arms. "Ashton they can finally come home. We can finally take them home." Ashton's eyes were shiny as he nodded and smiled, "I told you they were gonna be fine. They are strong just like their mom."

// I friggin loved writing this imagine <3 //