Chapter 37

It's been two and a half weeks since we did the IVF transfer. I went to get a blood test done this morning after I dropped Liam off at school. So now, I just have to wait for them to call me back with the results sometime today. Ross and his brothers went to go play hockey and I have to do some grocery shopping so I am now at Target picking up groceries. As I was shopping, I heard someone call my name. I turned towards the voice and saw Rydel. 

"Del!" I said and walked to give her a hug.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Shopping while Liam is at school and Ross is playing hockey. I can shop much faster without them." I laughed.

"Me too." She said. We continued shopping with each other.

"So I did my blood test this morning." I said. 

"Really!? When will you know the results?" My sister-in- law asked.

"Sometime today. I'm scared for the call. I really want this to be positive."  I said. 

"I know. I would be too, I mean I am scared for you too." She said. 

"Should I tell Ross when I get the call or should I surprise him?" I asked as we walked towards the check stand. 

"I don't know, what if you are both surprised?" She said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"What if, someone else surprises you both." She said. I thought about what Rydel said while I payed for my groceries. She had a point, a good point. I actually liked the idea. I waited for Rydel to finish checking out.

"I like the idea. Will you and Vanni be the ones to surprise us and the rest of the family?" I asked.

"OF COURSE!" She said and gave me a hug. We ended up parking next to each other. So we talked while we loaded our groceries into the cars. When I got home, I called Vanni to ask her if she wants to help Rydel. She agreed. When I finished talking to Vanni, I called the doctor and asked them to call Rydel when they had the results. I honestly didn't feel as nervous anymore. Now I just had to wait.

***

"Honey! I'm home!" Ross yelled when he walked in the door. I laughed. 

"Hi. I need to tell you something." I said. Ross looked at me and dropped his gear before rushing towards me.

"What is it?" He asked.

"So I went shopping today and saw Rydel. While we shopped I told her how I went to get that test done and how I didn't know if I should surprise you with the results or not." I said.

"And?" he asked.

"Her and Vanni are going to throw a party to tell us and everyone the news." I said.

"When?" He asked.

"This weekend." I said. "I wanted us to both be surprised together." 

"I love the idea. Now we just have to wait three days to find out." He said. I nodded and he kissed me before going to take a shower. While Ross was in the shower, I decided to clean the kitchen. I just needed a distraction from thinking about what the results of the test will be. Just as I finished cleaning, Ross came downstairs.

"Whatcha doing?" He asked suspiciously.

"Distracting myself." I said without looking up at him.

"Okay, well do you want to go with me to get Liam?" He asked.

"Uh yes." I said. We drove to Liam's school to pick him up. Usually, I'm the one to pick him up because Ross is usually working but today Ross had the day off so he joined me. When Liam got in the car, we drove home so that we could finish his homework and then we decided to go to Stormie and Mark's house to have dinner and swim. 

***

Saturday

Today Ross and Rocky were performing at a festival so Liam and I decided to go with. Liam loves watching his dad on stage so we sat right in front of the stage. Liam was so excited, he was running all around. We were in front of the railings so Liam had a lot of space to run. It was cute. 

"Mommy, watch this!" My son yelled as he ran away from me and did a somersault on the ground. He was so proud of himself. I clapped and looked up to Ross and saw him smile.  

When the Driver Era finished their set and got everything loaded into the cars, we all went out to eat. 

"So what is the plan for tomorrow?" I asked my sister-in-laws. 

"Well, everyone is going to be at mom's house around noon, if you're asking what time to come, that's all I'm going to say." Vanni said. I looked at Ross.

"Okay." Ross said. Our food was brought to our table and we all began eating. After I finished my food, I suddenly felt tired which wasn't normal for me. 

"Tired?" Ross asked after I yawned. I nodded. He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. I closed my eyes while I waited for everyone to finish eating. Fifteen minutes after I shut my eyes we were leaving the restaurant to begin the somewhat long drive home.

"Babe, just go to sleep." Ross said as he saw that I was fighting to stay awake.  I leaned my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes once again. 

****

"Hey Katie, babe, wake up. We are home." Ross said whilst shaking me. 

"I'm so tired." I said as I got out of the car.

"I know, go to sleep. I'll take Liam to his room." Ross said. He is so helpful. I walked into the house and went straight to my room to change into my pajamas and get into bed. I fell back to sleep rather quickly and didn't even hear Ross come into our room.