ch. 1

"Lacey!!! Get up its time for school!!!" I said.

"Katie, do I have to??" Lacey asked.

"Yes, mom would want you to." I said trying to hold back my tears.

"Ok." She said. I kissed her forehead and went to the kitchen. I made us some. breakfast and put our stuff by the door. Lacey finally came dressed and ready for school. I handed her her breakfast and we walked out the door.

"Katie,?? " Lacey asked after finishing her breakfast.

"Yes, Laceybear?" I said.

"What was dad like again?" I smiled holding my baby sisters hand.

"he was fun. he loved mom and I a lot." I said.

"What about me?" she asked.

"he loved you to. but he never met you. he always loved us a lot Lacey." I said. We walked up to Lacey's school. I kissed her forehead once more and hugged her. I loved her hugs they were sweet and loving. She walked through the gate. I continued to walk to my school. I cried remembering Dad. I missed him a lot. I also missed Mom. Dad died while serving in the military. He didn't make it out of the area fast enough because he helping a wounded solider. One thing about Dad was that he always put people before himself. My dad was killed instantly when the bomb exploded. He helped a guy to safetry but he didn't exactly make it. I found out while I was at school. That was one of the worst days of my life.

I wiped the tears as I walked into class. I had no friends. My best friend is my sister.

*

After school I walked back to Lacey's school. I gave her a hug and we walked home. Once we got home I turned on R5. Lacey and both loved them. We have always wanted to see them in concert but we never had enough money for tickets. Lacey and I ate sang along with Smile! We loved that song. After we listened to the song we started our homework. Once we were finished I cooked us some dinner. We ate and then went to bed. The good thing was, there was no school tomorrow because today was Friday.