Epilogue

Epilogue

"See, you look beautiful." Stella said as she had just finished doing my make-up and doing my hair.

"I don't know.." I said.

"Are you mocking my work?" Stella gasped.

Rolling my eyes at her I turned around in the chair in front of her vanity and said, "I mean, I don't know if I still want to go. I mean I'll look like a loser, third wheeling and stuff."

"You won't be third wheeling!" Stella said.

"Really? I'm going with my best friend and her boyfriend." I said. "That is third wheeling."

"Well it's not like you won't hang out with anyone else!"

I sighed, to be honest I didn't feel like going anymore. I mean I didn't want to ruin Stella's night by having me there.

"Well, when you make up your mind on whether you're going or not let me know." Stella said and went into her bathroom to go curl her hair.

After looking at myself and nearly every detail, my phone rang. Picking it up, it was Jared.

"Hey," I answered.

"Hey," Jared said and cleared his throat. "So are you still going to, um, prom tonight?"

"I don't know I mean you're not going so I'd be stuck third wheeling with Stella and Brandon." I said leaning against the chair.

"Haley, don't let me ruin your night cause I can't go." Jared began. "Have fun, trust me it'll be worth it."

"I don't know.."

"Look if I could go and take you to prom tonight I would but-"

"It's fine really. I just don't really feel like going." I replied.

"Haley.." Jared whined.

"Jared.." I mimmicked.

"Well after Stella gets picked up why don't you just go home and put on your dress. Then realize how beautiful you look and finally decide you're going." Jared said. "Okay?"

"But that's useless." I said.

"You were supposed to say okay so we could be like The Fault in Our Stars.." Jared muttered as I started to laugh.

"Come on, you know I feel bad about not being able to bring you. I paid for your ticket, please use it." he finally said.

"Why? So I don't waste your money?" I asked jokingly.

"Haley, you know that's not why." Jared said, a bit more serious but also a bit frustrated.

"Fine." I huffed.

"I'll try to come to your house after the prom." Jared said.

"Miss me already?" I teased.

"Honestly, I do." Jared sighed. "Well I have to go now, have fun."

"I'll try." I said and hung up the phone.

And so when Stella's parents went out to dinner, they dropped me off at my house.

About twenty or so minutes later, Stella had texted me that she'd just for picked up and I smiled remembering Jared's words.

Then realize how beautiful you look and finally decide you're going.

I hadn't bothered to take the make-up off my face, let alone undo my hair after Stella did it when I got home. So I went over to my bedroom door and shut it, revealing my dress.