Chapter 17 But Seriously & Did You Miss Me?

Dedication to the lovely RebekahJorgensen for spamming me with votes and commenting. Thank you so much for the support and I'm glad you like the book<3

Chapter 17

But Seriously & Did You Miss Me?

"But seriously, I couldn't do anything else?" I whined to Jared, in the busy hallway near my locker, during passing period before lunch.

"Nope, not unless you have fifty bucks." Jared replied.

"But I'm broke." I whined.

Jared put his arm around me and whispered in my ear, "Shoot, um, laugh like I said something funny."

I burst into laughter hitting him on the shoulder. Then I noticed Tara walk by and she glared at me. So she really did like this boy. Why? I wasn't sure at all..

I don't know why Jared didn't like her back. I mean Tara was nice, a bit on the quiet side and she had a slim figure, she even was one of the smarter ones in our grade.

"Tell me I'm not dreaming!" Stella said as she walked over to us, with a shocked expression on her face.

"Well you kind of-" I was cut off by a kick in the shin.

"Nope." Jared said smiling.

"So, you guys are official?" Stella asked with a gleam of hope in her eyes.

"Yep." Jared said before I could deny anything.

Stella looked at me and I gave her a small nod and smile. Yeah, we were totally believable.

"Are you sure? Haley looks a bit uncomfortable," Stella said looking between Jared and I.

"She just shy about us," Jared said hugging me closer to him. "Right, Hales?"

"Y-Yeah, I guess." I said as I felt the blush burn my cheeks.

Why was I blushing? It was only Jared. Jeez, get a grip Haley!

"Oh my gosh, I just knew you guys would be perfect together!" Stella gushed.

I laughed nervously. There was no way I'd be able to pull this off.

"Well I have to go help Riley and the girls with some minor matchmaking errors, so I'll be a bit late for lunch," Stella said as she scrolled on something on her phone.

"Okay, see ya," I said and Stella smiled, flipped her blonde hair and walked away, followed by the sound of her high heels.

"Housley!" Someone yelled from down the hallway.

Jared looked over and his expression dropped when he met eyes with the person who called him over.

"Who is it?" I asked, but Jared didn't answer.

"Jared?"

After Jared's inresponsiveness, I decided to look down the hall and see who Jared was looking at. To my suprise, it was Scott.

Scott Witherford. Ergh. Can't believe I liked him. Yeah I liked him last year and he's a year older than me, so a senior now. But when Stella got together with Brandon last year I had a bit of hope. But then again, Jared ruined for me. I'd explain what happened, but I'm not in the mood too.

"Hey, what's up man?" Scott said smiling as he made his way over to us.

Scott looked the same as he did before, but his hair was darker. He had brown hair and piercing blue eyes. I guess he had dyed his hair brown over the course of the time that I avoided him, last time I saw him he was a blonde.