Chapter 18 Never Working Out & Shutting Him Out

Dedication to YesImSarcastic for the awesome username and overall support throughout this book<3

Chapter 18

Never Working Out & Shutting Him Out

"Jared, meet Drew. Drew, meet Jared." I said awkwardly motioning to the two. "Drew's my brother."

Drew still didn't like Jared I guessed at the angry expression on his face. When we were kids and I would hang out with Jared, he always said how much trouble I'd get into if I hung out with him. But I always ignored him, I mean who was he to choose who I was to hang out with.

Drew is now a sophomore in college and gets pretty good grades. When Drew graduated, my dad jumped at the chance at moving with him. This being why my dad was never home. My dad even had his work set him up with a job near Drew's campus just to live near my brother. The obvious golden and favorite child in this family.

The dark haired brunette boy played the overprotective older brother role more than he needed to. Anytime I talked to Jared, he would take my phone from me or shut off my laptop. I mean Jared of all people? Everyone knew we were friends. Just friends.

"Um...hi?" Jared said.

"I think it's time for you to leave." Drew said pushing Jared outside, as he yanked me inside.

"No, Jared, you can stay." I said peeling Drew's hand off of me.

"Well I don't think he can. Goodbye, Jake." Drew said shoving him and slamming the door.

"I'm going to tell Dad that you have a boyfriend." Drew said narrowing his eyes at me.

"He isn't my boyfriend." I rolled my eyes, putting my hands on my hips.

Why did everyone think this?

"Then why did you two kiss?" he asked.

"He kissed me!" I said throwing my hands in the air and walking down the hallway.

"And you decided to kiss back. Sure, good idea." Drew replied bitterly, running after me.

"What is your problem with Jared?" I asked as I turned around.

"He's nothing but trouble. You shouldn't talk to him." Drew said.

"Why not? He's my friend." I said as I walked into the my room.

"Don't care." Drew said while shaking his head.

"If you tell Mom and Dad, then I'll - then I'll tell them about your girlfriend." I threatened.

"They love Phoebe." he rolled his eyes. "And plus I finished high school, I'm in college already, and I have a job." Drew simply said.

"You're impossible." I said.

"Break up with him." Drew said, and with that he slammed my door.

"He's not even my freaking boyfriend!" I yelled, grabbing the nearest pillow and letting out a scream in frustration.

"How's college going?" my mom asked trying to start a conversation at the dinner table later that evening.

Mom usually had work around this time but she took the day off to see Drew, her favorite child.

"Good. My lectures are pretty interesting." Drew said cutting his slice of lasagna into small parts.

Lectures? Interesting. You have got to be kidding me. Drew can't even watch tv for two straight hours without being bored.

"That's good, how's the college life?" she asked, taking a bite of her own homemade lagsanga.