Chapter 2 Sunken Ships & Pesky Partnerships

Chapter 2

Sunken Ships & Pesky Partnerships

"Hey can you do me a favor?" I asked Jared.

"Sure."

"Shut up." I said as I smiled sweetly.

"Ohhhhhh!" Brandon called as he slapped Jared's back.

As I drank some of my orange juice, everyone was already into conversations suddenly the bottle was tilted back and some of the drink spilled on my face, causing me to have a coughing fit. Putting the bottle down I glared at Jared.

But he was too busy laughing his ass off.

"You have...a...little on your...face." Jared said in between laughs.

Rolling my eyes I wiped the juice off my face with a napkin throwing it at him. But he caught it, damned good reflexes.

The end of lunch bell rang and I said my goodbyes to everyone, excluding him. As I walked to the bathroom I grabbed a bunch of paper towels and tried to get the orange stain that was setting in my jeans. After what was left of it was satisfactory, and somewhat unnoticeable I walked out of the bathroom and to my locker. Spinning the combination and grabbed my physics textbook. Slamming the locker door shut I turned around.

Face to face with Jared, I rolled my eyes and walked past him and down the hallway to physics class. Opening the door I walked over to my seat towards the middle of the class by the window.

After about thirty seconds of peace and quiet, that all ended when a textbook was slammed onto the desk next to me and guess who sat down?

Gathering my notes together I placed them into chronological order and put them in my binder. After a couple of minutes of Ms. Alan talking I felt like I was being watched I looked to my left.

"What?" I said while Ms. Alan started to take attendance.

And what did Mr. Hair Obsessive do? He ran a hand through his hair and said. "See, this is why you can't get a boyfriend."

"This topic, again?" I whined.

"Yep."

"And please, enlighten me as to why could I not be able to get a boyfriend?" I said crossing my arms.

"You get pissed so easily and then shut people out." Jared said casually.

"And this has to do with me not being able to get a boyfriend why?"

"Cause guys don't like girls who are bi-polar and annoying." Jared said.

"So, you're saying you aren't bi-polar or annoying?" I countered.

He flipped me off and went back to writing something on his paper. I smirked victoriously and went back to doodling.

The bell rang and Jared left the classroom as fast as possible. I took my time putting my notebooks away.

"Which one?" Stella asked holding up two dresses, I didn't bother looking at.

"That one." I said with my eyes glued to the screen of the laptop.

"Which one?"

"That one."

"The blue one?" Stella asked trying to decipher the meaning in what I just said.

"No, that one."

"The purple one?"

"No, that one."