Chapter 39

The next morning Raph was walking down the hall of the school feeling like his head was hurting as he got a big hangover. He would walk looking around as he felt it was like he was slowing down not knowing why but to feel that something was to happen.
    So as he stopped walking as he looked around not seeing anything off or out of place while he then saw Leo walking over as he said: " You okay?"
    " Yeah... Just a bad hangover..." Raph at first said as he remembered everything while he said looking a little down. " I'm sorry for what I said... I don't blame you for what happened I just..."
    Leo grabbed Raph's arm as he said. " It is a little of my fault... I let my needs come first instead of what was needed to be secret... So I'm sorry."
     Raph blushed as he then grabbed Leo's hand as he kissed it making Leo widened his eyes looking around as he looked back to Raph saying worriedly. " Raph what are you -"
     " My dad already knows... So there will be no reason to keep it a secret..." he said as that got Leo to blush as he said. " So what were you trying to tell me yesterday?"
     Raph moves his hand away from his lips as he opened his mouth to speak. " I -"
    " Raphie!" someone yelled as Raph's eyes widened and looked behind himself as he saw a mutant running to him as she jumped a little up getting her arms around his neck and her lips to his kissing him.
     Leo widened big looked shocked at what he was seeing as Raph got her to her feet and pulled away from the kiss. " Mona what are you doing!"
    " What is it against the law to kiss my fiance?" Leo didn't know what to do as he said shocked. " Fiance?"
    Mona looked at Leo then smiled as she said. " Yep, we got engaged a few years back. Our dads arranged it."
    Raph tried to get his arms free from her while he then saw Leo's reaction. As Leo then puts on a fake smile as he said out. " that's really cool. I hope you two be good to each other."
    Then Leo turned to walk off and down the stairs as Raph got his arm free. " Mona stay here!"
    Mona stood there looking confused as Raph went to the stairs as he saw Leo walk out so he followed him as they where by the building as Raph grabbed Leo's hand fast and hard so Leo would not pull away. " Leo wait!"
    " No!" Raph got Leo against him as Leo tried to get free. " I tried to tell you... But -"
    " No, you weren't!" Leo yelled as he got free and looked to Raph as he started to cry. " You never mentioned this..."
    " I wanted to Leo... My dad wants me to marry her so then I can start my singer career... But I don't want that... I don't want her..." Raph said as he could feel his whole body shaking. Leo then got his hands up and told him I'm hand language ' I love you.' as Raph then said. " You know I can't read that..."
    Leo puts on a smile while he then said with more tears falling. " I'm not telling you what it means... Find out for yourself...because if we are not meant to be then this is goodbye, Raphael..."
     Raph looked at Leo staying there with his fake smile as he then got his hands to his hearing aids and turned then off then took them out as he walked over with his hand out to Raph saying out not hearing his voice. " I don't need these anymore..."
    Raph wanted to beg Leo to not do this but he just slapped his hands from Leo's making the hearing aids falling to the floor as Raph said mad. " Fine! Then I don't want to see you crying back to me like a worthless person!"
    Raph then turned and walked off with rage and pain wiping his eyes from the tears falling as Leo watched Raph leave his view and instantly lost his smile and went to his knees hard. ' I had too... I had to do this... Or Raph would just hurt us both more...'

~ ~ ~
     As Raph was getting back in the school he saw Mona there as she smiled seeing him as she ran over kissing his cheek. " So why don't we skip school and go get some drinks?"
     Raph looked outside waiting for Leo to just come running back to him but Raph knew Leo well enough that he would not do that so he answered her. " Yeah, I need to get rid of this hangover anyways..."
    So they then headed out as then Leo went off the other side of the building when then at the spot that Raph and Leo foght then the bushes moved. Donnie then stood up and went to the hearing aids as he grabbed them looking shocked. " Are they that unaware of their own feeling... It's probably for the best... For Leo's best..."
    Donnie then looked at his phone as he did record their conversation saving it and went to class not sure what to do about the two.