Ch6.

"It wasn't a complete lie." Ashton replied with a small smile.

"But it wasn't the whole truth." I replied as I walked over stirring the gravy I was making.

"I just think there's some things he doesn't need to know just yet." Ashton replied quietly. "I mean you don't tell him everything do you?"

"No I guess not, but...." He cut me off.

"No buts about it. He doesn't need to know that I'm hanging out with you unless of course it's more than just a hang out." Ashton smirked slightly before walking out of the room before I could say anything else.

"What was he doing in here?" Anna asked as she walked into the kitchen.

"Just talking." I said a little coldly. I had to admit I was a little pissed at her for not helping me with things and being so whatever she's been lately.

"Ah ok... um Olivia?" Anna said quietly. "I need to tell you something it's kind of important."

"Wh..."

"Olivia will you come get the groceries? Your father needs my help with something." My mother yelled.

"Coming!" I yelled. "Um tell me later?" I looked at Anna before walking out of the room and to where my mother is taking the groceries from her.

"Make sure everything is put away." My mother called out after me as I walked back towards the kitchen.

"Yeah ok." I replied sighing lightly as I made it in to the kitchen and began putting things away. "What did you wanna talk about?"

"Nothing don't worry about it" Anna replied quietly.

"You sure ?" I asked looking over at her.

"Yeah yeah I'm sure." Anna replied. "Look I'm I have to head home so I'll see you later ok?"

"You sure? I thought you where staying for dinner?"

"Yeah I'm sure, I just have to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow for the big family dinner ok?" Anna asked giving me a small smile before she left acting like she couldn't leave fasts enough.

"DINNERS READY." My mother yelled, as she helped me carry everything to the kitchen table.

"Thank god I'm starved." Josh said as he walked in dragging Ashton along with him. When Ashton looked over at me he gave me a quick smile before going back to having a conversation with Josh.

"Thank you for helping me with dinner Olivia." My mom said quietly. Almost quiet enough I didn't hear her.

"You're welcome." I replied sitting in my seat at the kitchen table.

"Mind if I sit?" Ashton asked pointing at one of the seats next to me.

"Hmmmm let me think......." I sat there pretending to think real hard about them. "Sure you can sit." I laughed lightly.

"You certainly are a strange girl miss Olivia." Ashton laughed as he sat down next to me.

"Why thank you." I replied with a little giggle. I had to admit I was very grateful that none of my family was paying attention to us at all.

"So what's for dinner?" Ashton asked as he began scanning the table.

"Mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey, stuffing, corn or green beans or carrots, and last but not least sweet potatoes." I replied as I looked at all the food in front of us.

"That's a lot isn't it?" Ashton asked laughing.

"One thing you need to learn about this family is there are seven of us and six of us don't joke when it comes to food. There will be nothing left when this meal is over. Trust me." I replied in a completely serious tone.

"Which one doesn't care about food as much as the rest of them?" Ashton asked laughing lightly.

"Me. I mean this figure is hard to keep." I laughed lightly.

"It is a pretty figure." Ashton replied in a tone that I couldn't tell if he was telling the truth or if he was just joking around.

"Josh will you say grace for us?" My mother said before I could say anything to Ashton trying to figure out if he was telling the truth or not. No guy had ever found my figure interesting or pretty before and I Wanted to know if he was telling the truth or if he was just being nice.

"Sure mom." Josh replied and began saying grace after all of us lowered our heads and took each other's hands. On one side I had Josh's hand  and in the other I had Ashton's hand.
After grace had been said Ashton squeezed my hand under the table and continued to hold it. I thought he wasn't going to let go which to me was actually ok, but then Josh ruined it.

"you better dig in Ashton or you won't get anything." Josh said making Ashton quickly let go of my hand.

"Ok." Ashton laughed, and grabbed the bowl of mashed potatoes and dished some out on to his plate.

"Think that's enough mashed potatoes?" I said quietly to where only he could hear and giggled.

"Well I know you made them and I want anything you make." Ashton winked before passing the bowl to my brother Jordan.

"Oh your good." I laughed and grabbed the bowl of sweet potatoes and began putting a little bit on my plate.  Just as I was about to set it down Ashton asked for it so I passed it to him and took the turkey.