Chapter 6

ELLA'S P.O.V.

When I got home, I went to the shower. I drowned all my sorrows there. The shower didn't make feel like I was crying, but I was. Just when I was about to ask Liam, who I might have feelings for, someone had already asked him. I should've told him first. So I got out of the shower and just lied there on my bed with the towel wrapped around my body. Why did I ever think he would say yes to me. He's my best friend. He's too good for me.

***********************************

(Day Of The Dance)

I was getting ready to watch movies and eat junk all night, when I got a text from Liam.

Liam: Its not too late to change your mind, love. Xxx -Liam

Me: I'm okay. You go have fun tonight! But not too much fun. ;) xox -Ella

Liam: Yes mummy! Take care :-* xxx -Liam

His texts made me laugh. I tried to avoid the thought of him dancing with a girl that's not me.

*************************************

(In the cafeteria in school)

"The dance was amazing, Ella. You should've been there. She was amazing, nice, and lovely." Liam said

"If I had been there I would've had my heart torn apart right in front of me." I murmured under my breath.

"What was that?" Liam asked

"Oh nothing. It sounded like you had fun." I said trying to cover up my previous statement.

"Yeah I did. But it would have been much more fun if you were there!"

"Last time I checked, you should only use "more fun". And yes, it would have been."

"Yeah, yeah fine. I really like her, Ella."

"Who?" Chewing the food in my mouth.

"Lauren." He said.

I nearly chocked on my food.

"Liam, you just met the girl. No actually, you just got asked by her to the dance."

"Yes. But she's just something." Sighing like he was daydreaming.

I cant believe he was so love struck over this girl whom he just met!

"Do you think I should ask her out?" He asked me with hopeful eyes.

R.I.P My heart. Right at this moment, at the cafeteria.

"Its up to you. Whatever makes you happy Liam." I said trying to hold back the tears.

"I have to go, I'll be late for my next class." I said not looking at him because I felt a tear roll down my eye.

"Ok. Bye, love." Was the last thing I heard before running to the ladies washroom and bawling my eyes out.

Why does he have to like her? Why not me! I thought.