Chapter 5

ELLA'S P.O.V.

I couldn't stop thinking of the dance. Should I really not go? I don't know, it seems kind of fun. Who should I take? Liam maybe? No, he's my best friend, I simply couldn't. But I want to! Wah! What am I going to do? Okay, final decision. I will ask Liam to the dance after school.

The bell rang signaling the end of school. I went to my locker practicing my speech to Liam. I was so determined on telling him. I CAN DO THIS! As I saw Liam, I ran to his direction.

"I have something to tell you!" We both said.

"Okay you go first!" I said

"Okay so you know Lauren, from my history class right?"

I nodded.

"So after class she came up to me. She asked me to go to the dance with her!" He said.

Damn it. I should've gone first. My heart dropped. But I tried to put on a happy face for him.

"Wow! That's great. So does this mean our date is off?" I said trying to hide my emotions.

"Yeah, I hope that's ok." Liam said.

"Yeah, no, its ok." I said when it really wasnt.

***************************************

We were walking to my house when he suddenly asked.....

"Oh what were you going to tell me?"

"Oh yeah. I thought of a great movie to watch for our "date" But its ok." I lied.

"I'm really sorry, Ella! You can come with us." He said.

"No. That's ok. I'll just be home if you need me. And besides, I bet I'll have piles of stuff to do on that day."

"Well, if its really ok with you. I'll make it up to you soon ok!" He said with a grin on his face.

"Sure."

*************************************

LIAM'S P.O.V.

As the bell rang, we both waved goodbye to go to our classes.

I couldn't stop thinking of the dance. Should I really not go? I don't know, it seems kind of fun. Who should I take? Ella maybe? No, she's my best friend, I simply couldn't. But I want to! Wah! What am I going to do? Okay, final decision. I will ask Ella to the dance after school.

The bell rang signaling the end of school. When I was about to get my things and go, someone came up to me. Then I realized it was Lauren.

"Hey Liam! OMG! So you know the dance that like everyone's talking about?" She said.

"Yeah, I'm not going. I don't have anyone to take." I said.

"OMG! Me too! So would you like, maybe, wanna go with me?" She said.

"Sure. Cool."

"OMG! Yay! I'll text you!"

Not realizing what I just said, I walked down the halls and suddenly remembered Ella.

SHOOT! Ella! Anyway, she'll never say yes to me. She's my best friend. She's too good for me.

I saw Ella and ran up to her. Well actually we both ran up to each other.

"I have something to tell you!" We both chorused.

"You go first." She said.

So I told her how Lauren asked me to be her date. She seemed cool with it. But now I feel guilty for ditching her.

"You can come with us." I said.

"No. That's ok. I'll just be home if you need me. And besides, I bet I'll have piles of stuff to do on that day." She said.

That girl always amazes me with her love for school. I was still bummed about not asking her to be my date. I loved Ella to bits, but it was sad to think that she will be alone on that day.

"Well, if its really ok with you. I'll make it up to you soon ok!" I said.

"Sure." She said.

I feel like such a jerk face. Just when I was about to ask Ella, who I might have feelings for, I said yes to another girl without even knowing I said it. What is wrong with me?