Chapter 12

Georgia’s POV

“NIALL JAMES HORAN I SWEAR IF YOU ATE MY CUPCAKES I’M GOING TO BEAT THE IRISH OUT OF YOU.” I heard a muffled shifting from down the hallway, then took off running in the direction of the sound, Liam hot on my heels. I had slaved away for three days, sketching, perfecting, testing, and finally finishing my cupcakes. I was entering them in a contest, and the winner got a ton of scholarship money, which would really help my family pay for school. And it would be a dream come true to win, if Niall hadn’t screwed it all up. 

I burst through the door to Niall’s room, just to see a very familiar blonde head disappear underneath the bed frame. I smirked, then pointed out the spot to Liam, who smiled back deviously. “Ugh. He isn’t in here, Lee. Let’s go. When I find him, I’ll kill him.” We made a big show of stomping out of the room, then tiptoed back and stood in the doorway. Niall giggled from under the bed and then started sliding out, headfirst. He inched his way out from under the bed, not noticing us in the doorway. He moved across the room, quietly and slowly, over to his dresser, where he pulled open a drawer. It was empty, because we were moving out of the big apartment the next day, but inside were my cupcakes, my beautiful cupcakes that I had to take to the contest judges that night. He hadn’t eaten any off the tray, they were still all sitting in their four little rows. 

Liam looked at me, probably worried I was going to take Niall’s head off or something. I waited until he reached his fingers out to take one, then took a couple steps forward and  said, very calmly, “Boo.” 

“AUGHHAUHAH” Niall jumped about fifteen feet in the air, while I took the opportunity to  swipe my tray from the dresser. I handed it to Liam, who took off, leaving Niall, on the floor, breathing hard, but looking forlornly in the direction the cupcakes had gone. 

“Niall seriously? You know how important this contest is to me.” I glared down at him. 

“I wasn’t going to eat ‘em all, George. I just wanted something and I was hungry and they looked so good...” He looked up at me, all puppy dog eyes and quivering lip, his hair all messed up, and I broke down. I started laughing uncontrollably. 

“You. Should. Have. Seen. Your. Face.” I choked out, falling onto the floor beside him. He tried to glare at me, but within seconds his resolve crumbled and he broke out into his hiccuping laugh that always made me giggle even harder. We stayed in a pile on the floor, rolling and laughing, until finally the last huffs subsided. Then I stood, up, offering a hand to him. “If you wanted one so badly, you should have just asked. I made extras. They’re in the refrigerator.” Niall’s head snapped up, eyes widening and mouth dropping. I laughed and nodded. 

“WELL WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE?” He took off running, into the kitchen, where the only things left in the refrigerator were the cupcakes. Everything else, in the kitchen and in the whole flat, was packed up in various sized cardboard boxes. In fact, Liam and I had just been out getting more boxes to finish up the packing. 

It was the end of the summer, and we would all be moving out and into our own places. Well, Niall, Liam and Zayn would. Louis, Hazza, and I had all agreed upon a nice place for us three to live not too far from the other boys. I was looking forward to having more personal space, but at the same time, these boys had grown to be like family, and living without all five of them on top of me all the time would be a strange sensation. 

I entered into the kitchen, holding a couple more shirts Niall had forgotten to pack, and placing them in a box labelled “THE IRISH LEPRECHAUN’S.” The lads were all gathered around Niall, as he pulled another tray out of the refrigerator, leaving my real ones on the counter for submitting. Suddenly, there was a short frenzy, and in seconds, all the cupcakes were either halfway down someone’s throat or held for dear life in their hand. I shook my head exasperatedly, then went back into my room to finish packing.