Chapter 11

You people are brilliant and wonderful and I love you all. Just because you're reading this.  PLEASE comment/vote/tell your amigos about this... because that would mean alot to me. ALSO comment with any ideas you have for the rest of the story! I'm always looking for good feedback and ideas and if you do I'll definitely take it into consideration for the rest of the story. *Keeses* I love you all. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam's POV

Walking home from the shelter, Georgia gave my hand an almost-imperceptible squeeze. I glanced slightly over at her, curious. She was smiling quietly to herself, and I wondered if she had even noticed the slight tightening of her grip on my fingers. But I had. And I loved the feeling of her small hand in mine. Hers were so soft and tiny, mine dwarfing and totally encompassing hers. I ran my thumb over the back of her hand, making it seem just as absentminded as her squeeze. Still, she stiffened, then relaxed, smile widening at the corners. I smiled too, turning my attention to Hoot, who was trotting happily in front of us, happy to be outdoors on a rare almost-sunny morning. 

I was still a little bit in shock over everything that had happened in the past two days. Hands-down, this was the best birthday I'd ever had. The boys and the amusement park, which had to be one of the craziest and most hilarious stunts they've ever pulled, and now Georgia, giving me Hoot and, in turn, making one of my childhood dreams come true. I've always wanted a puppy, and she couldn't even know how deeply her present pleased me. It hadn't fully sunken in yet, the magnitude of what she had done. She had taken something that I mentioned in passing a couple times and recognized how important it really was to me. I shook my head. In just under a summer, she already knew me better than Sadie or close to anyone else ever did. 

I glanced over at her again, eyes gently perusing over her form. The way she looked was as familiar as the back of my hand. Her shoulders were slightly hunched, as if to ward off the world, and her beautiful curls cascaded over her shoulders and around her face. I tried, and failed, to restrain myself from reaching over and moving a lock out of her eye. My free hand seemed to move of its own accord, and I watched in shock as it took hold of a handful of curls, tugging on them playfully and tucking them behind her tiny ear. She shivered a little, even though the morning was mild, and glanced up at me, smile in her eyes. My eyes moved over her heart-shaped face. From her small mouth to her perfectly straight nose, rosy cheeks, and finally to her expressive blue eyes, flecked with green and gold, rimmed by dark lashes, and, at all times, positively full to the brim with her emotions. You could tell just what she was feeling simply by glancing at the expression in her eyes. Right now, they were happy. Crinkled at the corners happy. I adored it.  

I noticed that we had both halted on the sidewalk, oblivious to our surroundings. I reached for words, any words, to express myself, but my mouth flailed open and closed like a dead fish. Finally, I settled upon, "George, I- um. Well, errm," Brilliant, Liam. Brilliant. OKAY. You can do this. Channel your inner hero. Think of all the movies. Think of how when Buzz finally admitted his true feelings to Jessie they lived happily ever after. I took a deep breath, meeting her eyes. She peered up at me quizzically, waiting for me to say something- anything. Floundering, I came up with the awe-inspiring; "Thank you, Georgie." I tweaked her nose, making her wrinkle it and allow a bubble of laughter to escape her lips. "You have no idea how much this means to me." She blushed, ducking her head and releasing my hand. 

"Don't mention it, Liam. I had more fun seeing the look on your face that anything." She half-whispered, cheeks tinted pink. Then she looked up suddenly. "Race you home?" She glanced at me, a very Louis-ish glint of mischief in her eyes. I conceded immediately, securing Hoot in my arms. "3... 2..." She was off like a shot. "ONE." She yelled, already several paces ahead of me. I exclaimed loudly, taking off after her slight form.