Introduction

A/N: Thanks to anyone who reads this baby... My first ever! All of this is completely fiction... just testing out the writing chops. Also, I do realize that Eleanor and Danielle are not in this story. It isn't because I don't like them! I do, it was just easier for me to leave them out, as I don't know as much about them! Also forgive me if I get any of the slang wrong, I am from the states, feel free to correct it to your heart's content. Also, any feedback would be welcome! Okay, I'm done. Hope you enjoy!

                                                                              ~~~~~~~~

      Cheers erupted all around me, while black graduation caps took their first and final flight into the sky. I breathed a sigh of relief. Finally the last four years of constant all-night studying, lonely weekends, and humiliation were over. I was young for my grade, only 17 on the day of our "illustrious" graduation, and my classmates had never accepted me, even from when I had joined them, five years ago. On top of that, I was a bit socially awkward and had a weird accent. All around, it was a perfect recipe for "high school disaster" of the first degree. 

      I bent down to pick up my polyester cap, nodding to the few people who said “Congratulations” on their way past. I was overwhelmed by the cacophony of American accents that swirled around me. Ugh, I would never get used to the way these people talk, even as I start to sound like them more and more. I pushed my way over to where my best and only friend, Amelia, and my parents were standing. 

      “CONGRATS!!” My best friend screamed, and pulled me into a tight hug. I smiled to myself.

      “Yeah Am, congrats to you too” I gasped, “Erm, Amie, you’re cutting off the circulation to my head.” 

      “Oops!” She giggled, releasing me. “I need to get over to my parents, see you at the graduation party later tonight? Bring your friend, he’s hot!!” She whispered that last bit. Friend? I was fairly certain I had about two friends around here, and they were both decidedly female. Confusedly, I nodded to her and she bounced off in her typical hyper fashion. 

      I smiled fondly at her retreating form. She was the bright spot in my life. Her long, golden hair and expressive hazel eyes had grown on me when we were 14. She had been new, and was exiled from the inner social circles for having no filter and being just a tad too friendly for the frosty, queen bee types. We bonded over mutual loneliness, her bubbly, puppy-like demeanor balancing my quiet, withdrawn nature. We had been inseparable ever since, and she was really the only thing I would miss when I went to university back across the pond. She was staying local, and going to the state school just down the road. 

      I shook my head to clear it of its reminiscent thoughts, then turned to my parents. They both had enormous, goofy smiles on their faces, and my father was holding his prehistoric camera. First mum embraced me, and then dad planted a kiss on top of my head and murmured his congratulations. I thanked them, and then jumped, startled, as a hand tapped me on the shoulder. 

      I turned, expecting an old classmate or Amelia, come back to shriek some more. Instead, I was thoroughly floored to see my absolute favorite person in the entire world. My best friend, Harry Styles, trademark floppy brown curls and cheeky grin, was standing in front of me. Our mums had known each other since primary school, and I had known him ever since I could remember. We had been thick as thieves since we could toddle, and there was no one who knew more about me. This was the boy who was 1/5 of the newest and greatest boy band in the UK, One Direction. I had been so excited for him when they had come out so well on the X-factor, and now it looked like they were on their way to extreme success. I screamed his name and fairly knocked him over in a hug. He chuckled and picked my up, spinning me around. I hadn’t seen him since two Christmases ago, when I was home last, and even though we talked quite often over Skype and such, it was brilliant to see him.