Chapter 2

Georgia’s POV 

Was I crazy? Probably. 

Get. A. Grip.I thought to myself. Seriously? One second of introduction and an even shorter handshake, and already there were enormous butterflies in my stomach. Not to mention he probably thought I was a degenerate or something, the way I practically ripped my hand away and whirled around to face Harry. There was no way whatsoever that I was allowing my feelings to get out of hand. All I wanted to do was start school in the fall with a clean slate, and this summer was just a short diversion before the real work started. Plus, I was pretty sure Harry had mentioned that Liam had been seeing someone for awhile. 

So that settled that. I looked around the car and realized that Harry and Louis had been chattering away while I was ruminating. Niall was listening raptly, laughing at the appropriate (and all the inappropriate) times, Liam was resting his head against the seat and looking out the window, a small smile on his face. Zayn was asleep, which I knew from Harry to be quite typical. 

I tried and failed to tune into their conversation, something about being backstage on the set of the X-factor and pranks... apparently lots of flour was involved... and instead mimicked Liam and stared out the window, drinking in the sights of London, and all around being so happy to be back that I could bust. 

Before I knew it, we were pulling up to a nice looking complex, and were ushered quickly out of the car and through the side entrance. Paul explained that there were always some crazy devoted fans hanging about in the lobby, and it was just easier for the boys to come in through the side. We climbed a few sets of stairs and then stopped on the landing outside a nondescript door on the fourth floor.

“Alright then lads,” Paul said, “tomorrow, be in the studio at 10. TEN O’CLOCK. Yes, Zayn, A.M. Not 10:10, not 10:15, TEN.” The boys laughed, Louis patted Paul on the head, and then Liam unlocked the door and they headed inside. I moved to follow them, but stopped when Paul tapped me on the shoulder and said “take care of them, Georgia. I know you’ll be good for them.” I gave Paul a hug and a huge thanks for everything, then turned and went after the boys inside. 

The flat was amazing. It must have extended the length of the entire floor. It was only one room deep, but it continued down one long hallway that made it feel like it went on forever. The floors were shining hardwood, with thick plush carpets covering choice areas, and the walls were painted a cheerful shade of light blue. I had stepped into a sort of living room/kitchen area, which was on the corner and therefore was almost completely windowed on two walls. There was a long dining room table, the kitchen seemed to be state of the art, and the living room looked presentable yet also lived in. There were couches, chairs, a huge TV, and two massive bean bag chairs.  I was just standing in the threshold and admiring the place when I noticed that the room was surprisingly empty and quiet for a place five usually noisy boys had just entered. I froze. I slowly started backing toward the door. I had a bad feeling about- 

“SSSUUUPPPPPEEEERRRMMMMAAANNNNNN” Louis descended from the windowsill by the door, where he had been hiding. The other boys jumped out from behind the door and joined in the dog pile. 

I hit the floor with a muffled “Akjdfsajdkdsjflk” and moaned as a knee (or an elbow, hard to say which exactly) hit me straight in the gut. Cheers, boys. I had only been here five minutes and I already had broken ribs. Everyone laid on the floor in a writhing mass of limbs for a good thirty seconds. Then, one by one, the boys rolled off of me, until soon it was just me, laying in the fetal position on the ground whilst they stood about laughing their heads off. I rolled over, grunted in pain, and then felt strong hands lift my up by the shoulders.