Chapter 19

Hi everyone! For this weekly update, I thought I’d try something a little different. Think of it like a romantic montage in a movie. It isn’t written from anyone’s perspective, rather just a series of things that Liam and Georgia do together. Let me know what you think of it, because hearing feedback from you always makes me want to write more. xxx

~~~

“Good morning, beautiful.” Every morning, Liam never failed to send her the three simple words. And every morning, without fail, she blushed. It didn’t matter how late he’d been out at one or another promotion or premiere, he always set his alarm for 8:02, two minutes before her’s would ring, typed the words, right from his heart, then fall back to sleep. And it didn’t matter how many times he did it, she never failed to respond “Morning, handsome.” 

They both agreed that there was no better way to start off their days. 

~~~

After the initial press scare, everyone agreed that it was so much better that everything was out in the open now. They were free to go out, even free to a little PDA. But since it was Georgia and Liam, and privacy was their lot in life, it rarely extended past hand holding and occasionally, when she smelled just so or tossed her hair at the right moment, a peck on the temple that Liam simply couldn’t resist. 

On a rare sunny day in the middle of September, Georgia arrived home from her normal Wednesday classes, along with her shift at Pott’s, to a note on the front door. In familiar writing, her name was scrawled across the front. Surprised, she unlocked the door, then ripped the tape off, bringing the handwritten letter into the kitchen. Neither Louis nor Harry were home. She opened the paper, revealing nothing but an address, looking like it lead to somewhere in the middle of the city. She smiled slightly, always up for a surprise. 

After easily stepping on and off the tube, Georgia emerged onto the warm, bustling London street, glancing back down at the sheet of paper in her hand, then taking off to her left. She wove through tourists with high socks and huge cameras, street performers playing beat up guitars and pounding on trash cans, and upset at least one flock of pigeons on the way. 

She skidded to a stop where the address should have been. Instead, all she saw was a vast expanse of green, dotted with groves of trees, benches, and dogs chasing various flying objects around. Suddenly, a streak of brown and white fur hurtled toward her, chasing a bright blue frisbee with all its might. She giggled as Hoot jumped goofily into the air, catching the frisbee seamlessly between his tiny teeth. He landed at her feet, cocking his head up at her. She ruffled his fur, then followed him back into the park. He faithfully lead her to a flannel blanket, where Liam smiled sheepishly and held his hands out. 

There was a real picnic basket. It was one of the best days of her life. 

~~~

He knew, and everyone around him knew, that he was falling for her more and more each day. That much was evident. But even he wasn’t quite sure just how deep he had sunk until an ordinary evening, when he kissed her goodnight, and consequently those three little words just slipped out. 

He didn’t mean to whisper them in the relative darkness on the front stoop of her building. He had envisioned daisies (because ironically, she believed they were more romantic than any roses), complex plans, and deep declarations. He had wanted it to be just so. Things didn’t exactly go as planned, and he cursed his words and his mind that became so feeble when he was kissing her. 

And, judging by her stricken look, she was fully unprepared as well. Which should have made him feel better. But it didn’t, because she spun on her heel and ran inside, without a backwards glance. He stood there for ages, at an absolute loss. Obviously he couldn’t take the words back, even if he had wanted to, and she obviously wasn’t ready to hear them either. But he didn’t want to take them back, thus, he had needed a plan, quick, The plotter himself. So Liam began running home, dialing Louis and simultaneously dodging cars, pedestrians, and the odd stray cat.