Chapter 6

A/N Can I saw how much I squealed when I looked and saw that I had hit 100 reads? Yeah, alot. Thanks to any of you who are reading this. THANK YOU. Yeah, um, vote, like, COMMENT!, fan, all that good stuff. Love you guys.

                                                                                          ~~~~~~

GEORGIA'S POV

This was hands-down the absolute craziest thing I'd ever done. Which is a little embarrassing, but like I said, I hadn't gotten out much in high school. I didn't know whether it was the sleep-deprivation, the fact that it was past 1 in the morning and I really was bored, or the strange freedom that comes with being in a place where no one knows you, but something made my feet pick up and follow Liam into the gloomy, starless London night.

When I caught up to him, he looked down at me, seemingly, albeit pleasantly, surprised that I actually did follow him. I met his gaze and said quietly "Yeah, I don't know why I'm here either. But I am, so you better actually have a plan."

He nodded, then we fell into a comfortable silence. It wasn't awkward, or heavy, or expectant. It was just two friends, one world famous, walking, at night, in the rain, completely alone... Okay, so it wasn't that normal, but it was still nice. Quiet. Which was also nice because you don't get a whole lot of quiet when Louis Tomlinson lives one room over from you.

Liam led us down a couple of deserted side streets until we got to a small coffee shop that was open late. It was warm, and more importantly, dry, and cozy inside. We wound through tables and chairs until we reached a small booth in the back. He made me sit down, and then asked me what I wanted.

"Surprise me." I challenged, arching one eyebrow. He grinned and ambled off.

Five minutes later, in which I had examined every person and visible surface in the cafe, he came back with two steaming drinks. I tried to offer him money for it, but he wouldn't have it. Ever the gentleman. I smirked at his private persona matching up with the one the public knew and loved. I was glad he wasn’t secretly a diva rockstar, but still a boy who held the door and paid for your coffee.

So we settled into the small booth, knees almost touching under the table, and I suddenly felt even more wide awake. Liam waited anxiously for me to try my drink, which I found to be some sort of mint mocha thing that was so strange tasting, I actually liked it. Then we made easy small talk for the better part of a half hour. We talked about any and all of our favorite things, especially the ones we hadn't covered at dinner. We talked about our parents, his loving and warm, mine distant but wonderful, and our favorite school subjects (his was gym, mine was history), books and books and books, and anything else that came to mind.

He was surprisingly easy to talk to, and I found myself chatting freely about myself, something I had always been uncomfortable doing. In return, I felt like I got a glimpse of a Liam Payne very few people got to see anymore. It made me a little sad for him, how private he had to be from now on, but then it made me a little happy because I felt like he was trusting me with secrets, even though they were just trivial facts about him.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" Liam asked, swirling his coffee with one of those wooden stirrers.

"Oh, God. Wow. Erm," I laughed along with him, when he chuckled at my expression, because I knew I must look ridiculous, "This should be an easy question, I know. I should know this by now... I mean, I am going to university in the fall, to start studying about what I want to be, but, in truth, I have no earthly idea. How do you pick something that you're going to be doing for the rest of your life? In some ways, you've got it easy." I waved my hand in his direction in frustration.