[21] ARCHIE

l a t e

you run your fingers through your perfectly straightened hair and pick at a small sequence that was loose from the thread. your eyes kept trailing to your phone which was placed on the white cloth of the table, waiting for either a text or just checking the time.

you had gotten to the restaurant at 6pm and now it's almost 7pm as you wait for your date to arrive.

embarrassment rushed through you as the couples around you kept looking at you with apologetic smiles because they thought you had been stood up, the waiter had even come round twice asking if you wanted anything to eat.

sighing, you look down at the blue dress you were wearing and study the pattern of the jewels to pass time. you had put so much effort into yourself for this date and archie hasn't even shown up yet.

you've been contemplating whether to just leave or not, but every time you give in and say you'll wait for another 10 minutes, that's been going on for half and hour now.

the worst part was, he didn't even bother to leave a notice as to why he's so late, even receiving a text about the situation would make you feel somewhat calmer about the situation.

by now anger and embarrassment wad rushing through your blood and you get up from the table, the chair scrapping against the wooden floor catching the attention of a few tables. you don't care though because you rush out the restaurant, your cheeks boiling with the two emotions building up inside you.

you don't dare look back otherwise more humiliation would stir inside you if it was even possible.

when you reach just outside the building it was raining quite heavily. sighing, you contemplate your decisions about how to get home because you didn't expect this to happen.

just as you decide to call a taxi, the tall figure and red hair of the familiar boy is seen in the car park. he catches your gaze, waving to you and running over quickly.

when he reached you he gave you a sheepish smile, you study his outfit which was a black suit with a blue tie, essentially matching to your theme. he holds a bouquet of roses in his hand and looks down at them before holding his hand out to give them to you.

"i'm sorry i was late, i really have no excuse but i hope you'll forgive me and take these."

you give him a hard glare, crossing your arms over your chest and chucking at him in a mocking manner. he furrows his brows as he lowers his hand.

"no excuse? thanks for ruining your chance with me archikins." you shove him slightly and walk away from the building, tears running down your cheeks as you hear him call your name behind you.