[10] VERONICA

m o v i n g
( warning: language )

"veronica, what happened?" you say as you walk to the back of the school with her. she stays silent until we reach betty who is standing patiently waiting for us.

"roni," betty puts a hand on her shoulder as she looks down, "you told us that you were going to speak to us about this."

veronica sighs and lifts her head up but still doesn't look you and betty in the eyes.

"roni.." you raise an eyebrow at her and just shakes her head before looking down at her shoes again.

you and betty sigh before you finally spit out what you've been wanting to say, "fucking hell veronica, are you going to tell us or can i leave?"

she looks up with a surprised expression on her face and starts fiddling with her hands nervously, "okay fine." she says, almost inaudible.

you and betty both look at her intently, both expecting her to blurt our some information of why she's been in this attitude the past couple of days.

"since daddy went back to jail in new york, mom thought it would be a good idea to go back there too so we'd be together and it would be easier to get money from him than living all the way here in riverdale-"

"wait, hold up." betty interrupts her confused with what's going on, "you're moving back to new york?"

veronica nods her head, "in a week." her voice starts cracking.

"roni" you pull her into a hug as she lets out all her tears on to your shoulder. betty hugs the side of veronica and rubs her back soothingly.

"look, everyone will be here for you, especially me and y/n."

veronica lifts her head up and stares at her best friends lovingly, "i'm going to miss you guys so much."

"we'll miss you too."