[5] BETTY

m u r d e r e r

you smile to yourself as you unlock the front door of your family's house, walking in and throwing the keys on the counter.

you stop short when you hear, the sounds of your mother and younger sister, betty talking to each other with unusual words, ones that they wouldn't really talk about on a daily bases.

you turn the corner and see your mom on the ground with betty next to her, scrubbing something on the floor. chic was sitting by the table, tears rolling down his face as he stared into a deep obis.

that's when you see it, a body laying next to your mom, lifeless and still, unmoving. there was blood everywhere, on chic, your mom, betty.

"mom?" you finally say, your voice groggy from the lump in your throat, trying to swallow down the waterfall of tears that were about to erupt.

everyone turns round to face you, your mom realising your state and what you've already seen. she walks up to you.

betty also stands up, but her head is faced down, probably from the shame.

"look, y/n. this isn't what you think it is." your mum lifts up her hands that are protected with blood stained gloves.

"you.. killed someone." tears roll down your cheeks as you walk past your mum and over to chic.

you stare at the body before looking over at chic, anger takes over as you grab his shoulders, startling him.

"this is all your fault!" you scream in his face, he stared at you with his tear stained cheeks, "you did all this, god knows if your even our brother! somebody from the cooper family would never do something like this."

you walk over to betty, your mum stops you.

"y/n, it's not chic's fault! he just came in and started abusing him, it was self defence!" your mum says, you just ignore her.

"betty, that's not our brother." you say to her, pointing back at chic. she looks up at you, tears rolling down her cheeks and then looks at chic.

you look at your mum one last time before grabbing your keys again opening the front door.

"where are you going?" your mum shouts, once again you ignore her and step outside into the chilly cold night of riverdale.