Chapter 31: Walk Away

Billy's P.O.V.

     As soon as I got out of the car I immediately felt that famous scent of this town. Liz's sister, Bonnie, immediately entered the hotel. While liz asked if I needed any help with things.

     "Do you need any help with the suitcases?", she asked.

     She wasn't happy. You could see it on her face, no matter what she was saying. She left her whole life there.

     "No, thanks babe.", I said kissing her forehead.

     "Okay. See you in bit?"

     "Sure.", I nodded.

     I watched her leave. I have to do all I can to make her happy here. She deserves all the happiness in the world.

Betty's P.O.V.

     I got ready for school and went to the Archie's house right next to mine. It was time to forgive each other. I miss him. He's my best friend, and we argued about the stupidest  thing.

     I stood in front of his door and rang his doorbell. After a few seconds he appeared at the door. His face lighten up when he saw me. It seems that he missed me too.

     "Betty, wha..?", I interrupted him.

     "Walk me to school, Arch?", I smiled, ignoring whatever he wanted to say.

     He nodded and smile. "Just a sec to grab my bag."

     After he took his bag, we walked to the school. We were silent, we didn't say anything. We didn't know what to say or how to start. But I still decided to make my first step.

     "Arch, I just want to apologize for my words and my behavior. It wasn't my place to..."

     "Betty, it's okay. I get it.", he said with understanding. "You were right though."

     "What?", I looked at him confused.

     "You were right about me and Veronica."

     "So...you two..."

     "Yeah, we broke up.", he said looking at his feet.

     "Arch, I'm sorry.", I hated that he was hurt.

     "Yeah it's...", he stopped. "Wait...is that?"

     I looked in the direction where Archie looked and saw him. He got out of his car with a cigar in his mouth. He looked around and finally looked at me. He took the cigar out of his mouth, smiled and waved at me. Soon Liz came out and then they went to school together.

     "He's back in town?", Archie said. "Did you know about this?"

     "Kind of.", I said.

     "But why? I mean why he's back?", Archie was confused, but he wasn't the only one.

     "I have no idea."

Billy's P.O.V.

     Seeing her for the first time after a few months I felt joy. But when I saw her with Harrington, my blood was boiling my veins. I know I didn't have the right to feel that way, but I did. And I couldn't help myself.

     During our break my eyes were only on them. I couldn't look away. I was hoping she'd look at me at least once, but she didn't. As if she knew I was looking at her, so she wouldn't look at me on purpose. Or she was just busy kissing Harrington.

     "Billy, you didn't touch your food. What's wrong?", I heard Liz's voice pulling me from my thoughts.

     "Nothing. I just never liked this cafeteria food. It's disgusting.", I got up from the table, putting my food in the trash can and leaving.

Betty's P.O.V.

     "So, after school at 5pm?", I asked Steve one more time.

     "Yeah, that's right.", he smiled, and his eyes wandered. "Is she new? I never saw her before.", I turned around and saw he was talking about Liz.

     "Oh, yeah...about that. Umm...Billy's back."

     "What? For real?", he widened his eyes. "But wait...What that has to do with her?", he asked confused.

     "She's Billy's girlfriend."

     "Oh, so she is new."

     I saw Billy in the distance, pointing with his hand for me to come.

     "Umm, you should say hi. Introduce yourself. I have to go, bye.", I pecked his lips and left, before he had a chance to say anything.

     I went into the men's toilet, where Billy was waiting.

     "What do you want?", I was direct. "And why are you back?"

     "I had to see you again.", he smirked.

     "Billy! I'm serious!", I raised my voice.

     "Fine, but that's one of the reasons though.", he smirked again.

     How could he? He's flirting here with me, and he has a girlfriend. He knows what happened between us the last time, and now he acts like nothing has happened.

     "I...We came back because of Liz's sister. She needed a new beginning somewhere else, somewhere small. And I suggest Riverdale. And here we are."

     "Wait a minute? Isn't she married?", I frowned.

     "Her fiance left her at the ceremony."

     "Oh, that's awful. I can only imagine how she felt.", I said.

     "Yeah.", he murmured.

     "Anyway, what did you want?", I crossed my arms under my chest.

     "I wanted to apologize."

     "For?", I raised my eyebrows.

     "For everything I did to hurt you. You must know that I never wanted that. That was never my intention."

     "Billy Hargrove is apologising. This can't be.", I laughed.

     "Betty, I'm serious.", he raised his voice a little.

     "Well I don't believe you. Or neither I expect your stupid apology.", I was pissed at him, for everything I guess.

     "Betty..."

     "You're full of shit, Hargrove. You come in to my life suddenly, again and expecting that after everything we will be friends? I..."

     "What else do you want, godammit?! I said I'm sorry, okay?!", he yelled. "What do you think? You think I was destined to fall in love with my stepsister?", he soon realized what he said and I became speechless.

     "You...You were in love with me?", I whispered.

     "Yeah, I guess I was. But not anymore.", he turned around and look through the window. "Betty, you need to leave.", he said not looking at me.

     But I didn't listen to him. "Billy...", I came closer to him.

     He continued to stare out the window. "I meant what I said.", he raised his voice. "You need to walk away, Betty. God knows I can't walk away from you."

A/N

I'm back and so is Billy!!! I hope you like this chapter even tho is not that long. I'll also use more p.o.v. now, not just Betty's. So anyway Billy's back in town and a lot of drama is coming with him too. So prepare yourself ;)