Chapter 45: Bad Idea

STEVE'S P.O.V.

     "Can I sit here? All the other tables are full.", I look up from my plate and saw Liz.

     "Yeah, sure.", I said.

     "Why don't you sit with your friends?", she started the conversation.

     "I didn't want them to ask questions about...you know. And I just wanted to be alone really.", I explained.

     She nodded and started playing with her food. There was awkward silence, until I decided to break it.

     "You look beautiful today.", I said, not looking up, but I could still see she looked at me surprised.

     "So I was ugly before?", she frowned.

     "No, no, I didn't mean...", I looked up at her and got confused, but she started laughing.

     "I know what you meant, don't worry. I'm just messing with you.", she smiled. "But I don't think so."

     "You what?", I asked. "You don't think you're beautiful?", she nodded and lowered her head. "Come on.", I chuckled a bit. "You can't be serious."

     She was silent, still playing with her food  and that was my answer.

     "Believe me, you are beautiful.", I smiled. "And I'm not the only one that thinks that.", I pointed at one guy who was looking at her.

     She looked at that guy, but as soon as she turn to see him he looked away.

     "No, I'm not ready for anything new.", she shook her head.

     "Not everyone is going to hurt you, you know.", I said.

     "I could say the same thing to you.", she looked at me right in the eyes and then we both laughed.

     "Steve? Why don't you sit with us, man?", Tommy came to me and sat next to me.

     "No, thanks.", I answered looking at my plate.

     "So you'll rather sit here with girl that Billy dumped?", I didn't answer. "Oh, okay I get it now. You tryna hit that huh?", he smirked.

     "Excuse you?", I heard Liz.

     "Tommy, shut the hell up.", I said.

     "Or maybe you already did?", he laughed. "Tell me Liz, who's better in bed Billy or Steve?", he still continued. "Or maybe I can show you how good I can be, since you'll sleep with everyone these days, so I want my chance..."

     "I told you to shut up!", I got up and pushed him of his sit.

     Everyone was staring at us now.

     "Okay man, what the hell is wrong with you? I was just kidding.", he got up and soon left.

     I got back at my sit, and after awhile finally spoke.

     "A thank you would be nice.", I commented.

     "I didn't need you to protect me. I can protect myself just fine.", she said.

     "Yeah, I saw.", I murmured, but she heard.

     "Screw you, Steve.", she took her juice at spilled it on me and then left.

BETTY'S P.O.V.

     "Hey, Betty.", Billy stopped me and Kevin at the hall.