Chapter 14: Big Step For Me

My heart was beating so fast as I walked down the hallway. When he opened the door, he looked incredibly sexy. His breath smelled on toothpaste.

     "Hey.", he said, revealing his beautiful white teeth.

     "Hi.", I stepped into the room and took a deep breath, noting that the smell of cigarettes had almost disappeared.

     He didn't have shirt on and his hair was still wet after the shower.

     "Why does it smell so fresh and clean in here?"

He was lying on the bed with his hands under his head. I couldn't resist not to look at his muscles.

     "Are you saying that my room is smelly?"

     "Did you stop smoking?"

     "I'm trying."

     "Really?"

     "Yup...a weird girl walking around without panties, once told me that smoking isn't healthy. And...I was thinking about it and I finally decided to listen to her."

     "I'm really proud of you.", he stood up and looked at me.

     "You were right. That bullshit will kill me one day. There's many things in my life that sucks, but there are other things worth living for."

     Something in the atmosphere changed when he said it.

     I coughed. "Why did you call me anyway?"

     He went to the closet to take something. Then I saw his diary was from before.

     He gave it to me. "I want to give you this. I want you to read it."

     "Really?"

     "I didn't let anyone to read it, Betty. This is a big step for me. You wanted to get to know me, but I'm not ready to talk about it, so this is your chance to find out everything you want about me. But whatever you do, don't let my father read it."

     "Okay. I promise. Thank you for trusting me."

     I went to my room that night and started reading it.

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

     After reading his diary I felt I was more intimate with Billy and I was honored that he let me look into his past.

     I saw how bad he felt, because of his dad, so I decided to sit down in the shade of tree after school and write down all my feelings in the letter, because I don't have courage to tell him all that in the eyes. He must know how valuable and perfect he is, and that he's not a mistake as his dad tells him constantly.

     In the letter I poured out my soul and explained why it doesn't matter if his father is proud of him, but that I am incredibly proud of him.

     That afternoon I intended to leave a letter in his room. When I reached the top of the stairs, my stomach turned when I heard the girl's voice behind the closed door.

     Giggle. Kisses.

     Billy didn't bring anyone home since we kissed in my bed. I thought he might have respected what I felt for him or that he changed. I was wrong.

     Knowing that he's with another girl made me angry and jealous before, but this time it's different. It just made me incredibly sad.

     And I couldn't even stand to stay in the house, so I left the diary and the letter in front of his door and ran out of the house.

A/N

Okay, I had to edit this chapter a few times, but it turned out all well :) Thank you for +3.5k reads!! I'm really thankful for all of my readers and everyone I've met here, you're honestly the best.