Chapter 46: I Still Care About You

The next morning I heard the bell, but no one was opening the door. My mother probably was on a job, and Billy...I honestly didn’t care where he was.

     I got up from the bed, went down and opened the door. In my surprise, Archie was standing in front of me.

     "Arch?", I said quietly. "What...What are you doing here?"

     "I heard what happened.", he said. "You were crying too, huh? Your eyes are all puffy."

     "Good morning.", I heard a well-known voice behind me.

     "I'll fucking kill you!", Archie went towards Billy all angry, but I stood in his way.

     "Arch, please.", I begged him. "Archie, look at me!", I raised my voice.

     When he finally turned his focus on me, I told him. "Let's get out of here, please.", I turned around to Billy. "I can't even look at him."

     Archie nodded and then went to his house. I was still in my pyjamas, but I always felt here like home, so I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. He decided to make us a breakfast, and while we ate our pancakes we talked too.

     "Why are you not eating?", he asked. "Are they that bad?"

     "No, they're perfect just...", I raised my head to look at him and my eyes were full of tears. "I'm sorry, Ar..."

     "No.", he interrupted me. "It's my fault. I should be the one who's sorry."

     "You didn't do anything.", my voice was breaking. "I always knew I would end up being the one who got hurt."

     "I knew this would've happened. And yesterday I should've try and stop you, but instead I just walked away."

     "But I understand you.", I said. "You care for me and I love you for that, don't ever forget that."

     He took his hand in mine. "I love you too."

.............

     I walked into the kitchen and when I saw him there I decided to ask him. "Why’d you do it?"

     "It was nothing personal.", he answered without zero emotions.

     "How could you do this to me?"

     "I was bored honestly.", he didn't even look at me.

     "I don't believe you."

     "Fine. Then maybe it's because I'm the devil and I can't help myself.", he just kept eating his breakfast still not looking at me.

     "No. It's because you're afraid of love.", and he finally looked at me. "But I still believe there's part of you, that's not a douchebag.", he put down his bawl, got up and got closer to me.

     "I hate to disappoint you, but you're wrong."

     "I've seen that part of you, Billy.", I said. "And because of that part I wish I could forget every bad thing that you did to me."

     "But you can't, can you?", he asked.

     "I know that you're in love with me, Billy.", that sentence surprised him.

     "You must be hallucinating then.", he laughed.

     "I guess I'll never know, will I?", I said, leaving the kitchen not even letting him to answer.

.............

     "Hey.", i heard someone's voice behind me, while i was putting books in my locker.

     I turned around. "Steve?"

     "Yeah, umm I heard what happened. Are you okay?"

     "Why do you care?", I asked him rudely.

     "I still care about you, Betty and I always will, no matter what.", there was silence between us and we were looking deep into each other's eyes. "Letting you go was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.", he removed hair from my face with his fingers.

     "Steve, you ready?", Liz called him. "We gotta do that Biology project, come on!"

     "Gotta go, umm see you later.", he said smiling and then he left.

     These feeling in my stomach. Is it possible that I still have feelings for Steve?

A/N

Yeah it's intense, but i mean, that's the point, right? Anyway make sure to vote and comment ❤