Chapter 19: He Will Always Have My Heart

Later that day my phone vibrated. It was a message from Billy, who sent me a link.

     "On the plane I realized, Betty, you're amazing. Incredible, actually. Don't ever forget that. This song will always remind me of you."

     It took me several hours before I have courage to open the link.
It was a song "Already Gone" by Sleeping At Last. (originally by Kelly Clarkson)

     I listened to the song again and again, constantly, inhaling the smell that kept on his shirt I still had on myself.

✳✳✳2 MONTHS LATER✳✳✳

     One random night, nearly 2 months after he left Riverdale, I went out with Veronica. I was thinking of him when my phone vibrated and it was text from him.

     "I still dream about you. I still think of you every day. For some reason I had to tell you this tonight. Please don't reply to this text."

     And I didn't, because I figured he was probably drunk.

     And even if he wasn't, it doesn't change anything. That's what I understand now. Actually, I became a true expert in suppressing all my feelings for Billy. It helped me with the fact that he was so far away.

     Even after 2 months my heart was hurt whenever I would let myself think of the only night we spent together. So I struggled not to think about it, far from my eyes, far from my heart, right?

     It only helps you temporarily, as long as you're not forced to face what you're running away from. Then the mental walls you lifted around yourself dropped with one heavy blow.

     But I know he will always have my heart as long as I live.

A/N

This chapter was really boring to write, but it had to be put in here. And it's so damn short, sorry for that. Anyways, I'm tired af right now.

Well, thanks for you guys' continuous support and all that good stuff. If you ever want a dedication, just leave a comment saying you want one.