Chapter 15: Moonlight

Chapter 15

Summer's P.O.V

Somehow, my life feels at odds. My days have changed and altered in ways. The transformations are settle, barely noticeable, but I can feel it happening and sense them occurring. I haven't felt this way since I graduated from high school. All I thought was what I was going to do with my life. Now, I'm just reverting back, but I see it happening. 

It's Avery. 

She happened. 

Avery came around a lot. She's always at my house for any reason or simply staying the night. Some days she would be attached to me and other days she would be absent from life. Many nights she would sleep soundly next to me and other nights she would sleep in the guest room. Avery has no pattern and I kinda suspected this, but she has no routine. Her visits are sporadic and unannounced nor does she ever show up at an exact time. 

She just comes and appears. 

Avery appears in many emotions and I can name them by the tip of my head. As for her sporadic appearances, her emotions are patterns. Non stop and constant. These emotions predominately make her, her. 

Avery can be perceived as walking on air and lively, but at the same time be heavyhearted and morbid. But, I do enjoy when she's simply happy. Her face becomes alive and her eyes become livid and ecstatic. Her eyes become fireworks and her smile causes supernovas. I know then, is when she is truly happy. Some days I catch myself staring at her and I don't know why, but she seems to be whole again. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're doing it again.

In my room and on my bed or in the living room and on the couch. It's not sex, but something different and I can't comprehend an answer nor a solution. 

The kissing and the whispering. Everything is inconsistent and different. 

It feels different. The kissing and the contact. I feel everything. The breathing and warm breath rushing against and whisking across my face. Her scent invading my senses and the contact with her hands. With Alex, I just took it and didn't enjoy kissing or touching her. But, Avery, it's new and I'm exploring uncharted emotions and sensations. 

This is the worse and most stressful part. 

I scream inside and I just fall apart! 

The feel of her against me or the way her hands skim over me. I just love tangling my hands into her hair and yanking her lips to my and how we connect and forget. She breathes out her nose and I smile and kiss her. 

"This is satisfying," Avery sighed and pressed her forehead against my. 

"Define satisfying?" I asked. 

"Being around you," she claimed and brushed hair out of my face. 

I grinned and hugged her tightly against me. Avery reacted quickly and she buries her head on my shoulder and draws her arms around my torso. I relish this too much and I know this, simply by the way I hug her back just as tight and whisper senseless thoughts into her ears. How can I catch myself when I know I'm already falling? Falling into a deep abyss of strangeness and alien emotions. This sensation of falling is so beautiful but as equally terrifying.