Chapter 7: All This Time

Chapter 7

Summer's P. O. V.

I stepped off the ledge and my feet and the rest of my body met the cool water of my pool. Almost immediately, I used my feet to torpedo myself away from the wall and I streamlined. Pulling my arms forward and darting through the water like a bullet. The water glides smoothly across my skin and I start swimming. My hands dipping into the water and dragging myself forward at a relaxed paste. Every so often I would turn my head to breath and drop my head back into the water.

What felt like a good solid hour or two, I finally stopped. My whole body felt horribly sore and I can barely contain my labored breathing. I took off my swim cap and then dunked my head under water. Coming back up for air and I threaded my fingers through my hair, untangling the knots. The sun glared down at me and I could the feel the heat hit my exposed skin. I then felt a splash of water hit my face and I looked up.

"Hey, swimmer," Alex greeted and grinned widely down at me.

I squinted my eyes, the sun beaming down directly at my face, "hey."

"Are you upset?" Alex asked and sat down and dipped her feet into the pool.

I shook my head in agreement, "yea, I'm just over thinking," I murmured and glanced at her.

Alex then placed her hand on my head and ruffled my hair, "you're fine Luka," she commented.

"I'm not and you were right," I admitted.

"About what?" Alex asked confusedly.

"Avery had said...something-"

"I have to tell you something about her," Alex suddenly snapped and her face twisted angrily.

I frowned, "if you're going to say crap, don't, alright. Avery is a decent person," I defended, slightly annoyed that Alex would jump to conclusions when she just met the girl . 

Alex shook her head, "trust me, I'm not going to say shit about her," she sneered, a dote look etched onto her face. 

"What then?!" I snapped and I gripped the ledge of the pool and pulled myself out and sat next to Alex. 

She sighed, "remember I was telling that Dillon had cheated on me with some girl," Alex commented. 

"And?" I questioned and combed tangled hair out of my face. 

"You might know her," Alex pointed out, a slightly excited look in her eyes. 

"Alex, I don't know the whole freaking campus, beside I probably don't know this girl," I argued. 

"Oh!" Alex huffed, "trust me, you know her," she whispered hurriedly. 

"Who?" I answered. 

"Well, Avery was that girl," Alex hissed lowly and looked at me. 

I flinched, "no, it can be her," I said defensively. 

Alex gripped my shoulders and shook me, "Summer! I found her in a very compromising position when I saw that girl on top of Dillon!" Alex yelled and shoved me away. 

"Are you sure?" I asked firmly. 

Alex slapped my arm, "stop defending her!" she yelled irritably. 

"I'm not!" I countered. 

"Then prove it," Alex says coyly and presses her forehead against my. 

"Stop. This has nothing to do with what you're claiming about," I mumbled. 

She grabs my shoulder and presses her nose against my cheek, "it so does," she says heatedly against my skin.