Chapter 5: Nobody Knows

Chapter 5

Summer's P. O. V.

I wonder how many times I'm going to being staring at the ceiling. That annoying white and plain ceiling. I close my eyes and conjure up a pleasant daydream, but then my eyes snap open and reality seeps back in. I then stood off the couch and walked toward the backyard and I opened the sliding door and stepped outside. It's hot, the middle of the day, and the sun is at its peak. I glance at the pool and I slip my shirt off.

Waking back into the house, I grabbed my two piece bikini and quickly put it on. Once back outside, I dipped my foot into the water, testing it's coolness. Finally, I just jumped off the ledge of the pool and dropped into the cool water. The smell of chlorine invading my nose and the water soaking my hair. Swinging my arms in front of me, I slowly dragged myself up and my face met fresh air. Threading my fingers through my hair and swiftly combing it back from my face.

I then laid on my back, just floating. The sun hits my eyes and I start feeling my arms and stomach grew hot. This feels so serene and relaxing. The sun hitting my body and the coolness of the water combined makes a calming sensation. Then I can faintly hear the sound of the door bell disrupting the silence though the house. Standing up the the pool and I listened quietly.

The door bell rung again, echoing off the walls. Gripping the ledge of the pool and I pulled myself out of the water. I grab the towel from off the couch once I get inside the house. I then just open the door and stare in shock at the person in front of me.

"Alex?" I uttered in astonishment.

"Yea, obviously," she answered incredulously and stepped past me and right into my house.

I followed her, still left utterly confused by her sudden appearance. Noticing the small duffle bag in her hand as she dropped it onto the couch and she faced me. My towel than dropped from my grip and my jaw fell wide open. She looks normal. Like seriously normal.

"I know! No need to freak out! she snapped defensively at me.

Rubbing my hand furiously over my eyes and having to take another look at her. Alex usually looks so goth. I don't know what happened, but she looks odd.

"I'm sorry, but this is," I gestured to her abnormal attire, "going to take some time getting use to," I whispered.

Alex sighed, "my parents cut me off. They really thought I save all that money they gave me monthly to," she declared and threw her arms in the air for effect.

"Explain the get up?" I asked cautiously and mentioned my hand at her outfit once more.

"No money! No outfit or make-up!" she proclaimed angrily.

She's right. Alex normally wears an entire outfit dedicated to this thing called "cyber goth." All I know is that her outrageous outfits took time and money. Expensive hair styles, ridiculous amounts of make up, and weird clothes that costed a little too much. But right now, right now, I'm not sure if I'm looking at the same person. This person is wearing jean shorts, their upper body adorning a black v-neck, and her hair is just black. Pale skin is overexposed and I can actually see her face, not pounds of chunky make up. No mascara or over dramatic eyeliner.

"Is that you, Alex?" I asked slowly and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

Alex glared at me, her eyes narrowing in anger. She then stepped forward and grabbed my jaw.

"Ouch!" I grumbled and gripped her wrist.

She smirked, "it's me," she whispered and smashed her lips against my.