Chapter 13: When the Rain Comes Down

Chapter 13

Avery's P.O.V.

I sat down on a park bench and quietly watched the sun set before my eyes. My legs sting from the 5 mile jog I attempted to do. 30 minutes later I'set myself on this bench, my breath coming in quick motions. My chest hurts and tightens every time I breathe and my body feels limp and languid. Music blasts powerfully from my ear buds. The faint sound of tennis shoes thumping against the concrete had me turning my head and I gaze hurriedly at the area around me. Dillon then entered my line of vision and I wearily watched him approach me.

Black hair is piled atop his head, dark analytic eyes stare craters into me, and hands shoved themselves into pockets. A knowing smirk spreads darkly across his face. His eyes narrowed slightly once I shifted when he sat next to me.

"Relax," he breathed out coyly.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just wanted to see you," he said and grabbed a strand of my hair.

"I'm not in the mood," I mumbled and knocked his hand away.

"You never are," he spat at me.

"You've changed," I commented and shifted a few centimeters away from him.

"How so?" he answered knowingly.

"Sarcastic shit," I replied, but crossed my arms over my chest in defeat, "you just aren't acting like yourself."

Dillon sighed in dejection, "it's Alex, she's still seeing her room mate," he rasped out and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Really? I thought her room mate ended it," I remarked.

"She does, but Alex keeps going back, it's straining my relationship with her," Dillon whispered and dropped his eyes to the floor, "I don't know what to do."

"Why don't you tell that room mate to back off," I inquired like it was the best thing I've ever said.

"I have, but she's too nice. She feels bad when ever me and Alex fight. So she just let's Alex have her way," he explained and whisked his hands through his hair.

"Is it that bad?"

He nodded, "yes, she's always leaving me when we fight. I honestly think Alex loves this girl," Dillon said and dropped his eyes closed.

"What's her name?" I asked, feeling slightly bothered that I didn't know that girl's name.

"Summer Luka," he answered in a low drawl.

"I don't think I know her," I replied.

He shrugged and opened his eyes, "who cares, it's not your fault. You have nothing to do with this."

I placed my hand onto his shoulder, "you're fine. But Alex needs to be honest with you or just stay away before she does anymore damage," I spoke softly.

"I just need to say, shit. I never speak my mind around her, I just kinda became quiet when we started dating," he muttered and met my eyes.

Dillon then leaned forward, "Well, I have you," he uttered tentatively and brushed his lips against my.

I moved my hand from his shoulder to his chest and pushed him away, "don't confuse your feelings toward me. You have Alex and try to make your relationship better," I snapped at him.